Clutch Noise's

Shoeman 1

Established Member
Recently hearing noise, kind of a clanging like a lose marble while idiling & not all the time. When I push the clutch pedal in the noise goes away. New everything in the last 3,000 miles. Any Ideas???
Thanks

uofipilot

Established Member
I don't know what to tell you, other than its a t45.

Mine has developed a rattle noise when the clutch is out in neutral. It gets worse as the trans gets warmer. No idea what or why. I changed the tranny fluid today back to mercon V after 2 years of RP MAX ATF. A tiny amount of shavings came out with the fluid, but nothing to be concerned about. Now that I know it's not tearing itself up, I feel a little better. I'd recommend not dumping a ton into your t45. Just save whatever you'd spend on it and put it towards a t56 when the t45 lets go.

03bluemach

Established Member
+1 on the bearing ive had this problem before on a fresh clutch job .. and had to pull it out agian and i put a HD throw out bearing in and no problems yet ..

uofipilot

Established Member
TOB should be more of a squeaking noise. Mine didn't sound like a clanging/marble when it was bad. It sounded like a squeaky wheel. And if it's the TOB, it should happen all the time. Not saying it isn't the TOB, but if its a new bearing, it shouldn't be the problem...

uofipilot

Established Member
I guess a good question for OP is does it stop if you just put a bit of pressure on the pedal, or do you have to fully disengage the clutch for it to stop? If its just a bit of pressure, then it probably IS the TOB.

Shoeman 1

Established Member
I guess a good question for OP is does it stop if you just put a bit of pressure on the pedal, or do you have to fully disengage the clutch for it to stop? If its just a bit of pressure, then it probably IS the TOB.

Noises go away as soon as the I hit the clutch pedal and comes back as soon as the pedal is released. Someone suggested a quadrant & a firewall cable adjuster.

venemous97

Established Member
I had a clanking noise like you described when the shaft the throw out bearing slides back and forth on broke. it stopped when you pressed the clutch pedal in. Its a pita to change bc its a press in type on the t-45 and you have to open up the trans to change it

Users who are viewing this thread