Clutch Losing feel when shifting hard PLEASE HELP

Nino S

Established Member
Hey I really need help from you guys to diagnose what is wrong with my clutch. 03 Cobra 27k miles with bone stock driveline other then Pro 5.0 shifter and Cobra Bob Shifter gaskets:banana: .

In normal driving and even getting on it a little bit the car rows through the gears fine and clutch goes back to how it should be. The clutch engages right in the middle and has great pedal feel with pretty much no slack at all, and that is how I like the clutch to enage and dis-enagage. When I was out playing with my buddy's GTO the other day I noticed that whenever I ripped from 1st to 2nd or powershifted 1st to 2nd the clutch would almost fall down to the floor. It would have really bad slack at the top and it felt like it was sitting half way engaged. It does this only if I shift really hard or powershift. As soon as we let off I would have to pump the clutch pedal multiple times to get it back in place. I had my dad take a look at it and he thinks that it may have somthing to do with the throw bearing or I may need an upgraded aftermarket clutch/firwall adjuster like the Fiore.

My next mod is probably going to be a Spec 3+ package that LFP has with the TOB, 26 spline, fly wheel etc but I wont have all the cash together for at least a month and I want to take my car to the track before then. Please let me know if you have any idea on what I need to do to fix this or if you have actually ahd this happen. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread