clutch line upgrade

redrum12

Established Member
I'm looking into doin the ford racing clutch line upgrade. Has ne one else used a different brand and is it worth the money for the ford racing one thanks

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Don't overpay for the clutch line. JPC or JHR is what you want. The line is nothing more than a 36" -3AN line with a fitting on each end. Both JPC and JHR(Joe Heck Racing) have them for a fair price

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
Don't overpay for the clutch line. JPC or JHR is what you want. The line is nothing more than a 36" -3AN line with a fitting on each end. Both JPC and JHR(Joe Heck Racing) have them for a fair price

I got the cheap SR one from AM. Works great.

Justin81

Established Member
When we make the fittings we use a larger opening for the fluid to get to the slave and away faster.

since its flexible you can route it away from your headers

Which means? Faster Clutch release? I'm just trying to understand as I am one of the people not to happy with the M6 Trans.

86Fbody

Established Member
I'm still trying to figure out why i'm changing the clutch line, lol

Stock one probably expands as it is hardened plastic, similar to the Boss brake lines. When the fluid gets hot, and it does, the line can expand so that some of the pressure meant to move the clutch moves the line instead.

redrum12

Established Member
Lol the guy who tuned my car said you can mess up the trannys if you don't upgrade. Which I had two friends have tranny issues with the car and they beat on it one only had 7, 000 miles. So that sold me on purchasing the upgrade and its cheap lol

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
ive been checking out this mod too. For those who have installed it did pumping the clutch work to remove any air after install? or did you need a special vaccume tool? Im finding contradicting info online. Some say its a self bleeding system and some say it didnt work and needed special bleeder tool. Just want to prepare for this install since im sure im doing it soon.

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
ive been checking out this mod too. For those who have installed it did pumping the clutch work to remove any air after install? or did you need a special vaccume tool? Im finding contradicting info online. Some say its a self bleeding system and some say it didnt work and needed special bleeder tool. Just want to prepare for this install since im sure im doing it soon.

It's self bleeding but you will have to pump the clutch a bunch of times. Clutch was back to normal after three separate pump sessions.

Here's a good how to that I used...
Joe Heck Racing Stainless Braided Clutch Line - Ford Mustang Forums

MR.SVT

Established Member
Ordered my JHR clutch line and the white line insert can't wait till they arrive to install them........:banana::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread