Clutch kit?

cheaneyt

Established Member
b8322718f7d42b7eec9fb3b0bc815c23.jpg
is Valeo a good brand for King cobra clutch?

sent from somewhere,while in my cobra.

bumsoil

Established Member
i have that clutch in my car.
been in for 60k miles, 2 different flywheels, 2 transmissions, and many many high RPM clutch dumps and many power shifts.

its too damn heavy IMO, but people seem so hold up to 500hp with it so i can give it a break.

9/10 will probably try something different next time just because it so heavy.

cheaneyt

Established Member
i have that clutch in my car.
been in for 60k miles, 2 different flywheels, 2 transmissions, and many many high RPM clutch dumps and many power shifts.

its too damn heavy IMO, but people seem so hold up to 500hp with it so i can give it a break.

9/10 will probably try something different next time just because it so heavy.
So then I'll be ok with just mainly dd? Should I get a new flywheel?

ZeroDCX

Established Member
I believe that clutch is equivalent to, if not, the stock replacement. I run a McLeod clutch kit, I can't say enough great things about it. I can push my clutch down with one finger. They're a little on the pricey side though.

Also depending on the mileage, plan on replacing the clutch fork and pivot ball as well.

Last edited:

cheaneyt

Established Member
I believe that clutch is equivalent to, if not, the stock replacement. I run a McLeod clutch kit, I can't say enough great things about it. I can push my clutch down with one finger. They're a little on the pricey side though.

Also depending on the mileage, plan on replacing the clutch fork and pivot ball as well.
110k 8n the clock . Trans rebuilt 30k ago. Guy said new clutch was installed but throw out bearing is chirping so want a better set up. What stage mecleod

ZeroDCX

Established Member
I can't speak for the Spec clutches. I've only ran the King Cobra and McLeod clutches. I'm running their 11'' Super Street Pro series with an aluminum flywheel.

centerforce

Established Member

Thats correct, these are essentially aftermarket stock replacement units that will work perfectly fine for street driving.

cheaneyt

Established Member
Anything wrong with the Ford racing adjustable cable and quadrant kit? Needing a new cable with adjustment

blubyu90

Established Member
For a clutch I'd call up the guys a Promotion Performance. They are super cool guys to deal with and I have great clutches that hold awesome power with stock pedal feel. Posted in your other thread about the cable and such.

Users who are viewing this thread