clutch kit brand/type opinions needed

SVT Monster

Established Member
Minor mods on my Terminator are below:
2.8 upper pulley with tensioner
Full 2.5" offroad exhaust
K&N in factory box with silencer removed
SCT X3- custom tune
Just installed mods 3 days ago all at once. Clutch slipping like crazy today!:??:

SVT_Troy

Established Member
stock is a 10 spline, most people upgrade the input shaft when replacing a clutch to a more robust 26 spline input shaft if they have the funds. It's worth the time to save up and get it all done together if you can.

As far as a clutch I ran my 600 RWHP clutch on a spec 3 clutch and it was just fine. I didn't race with it so I have no idea how it would have held up against the strip. I just bought an Mcleod RXT which are supposed to be a lot better and cost double if not more over the spec.

A step up from a spec 3 is a spec 3+. some complain about chatter from the spec 3+. I didn't experience much if any from my spec 3.

Promotion makes a good clutch for our cars as well which are cheaper than the Mcloed RXT.

Take some time and read through the drivetrain section versus making new posts. There is plenty of good info that could help you determine the best clutch within your budget.

SVT Monster

Established Member
Thanks. I've already read through a lot of the info here on clutches but to make sure I haven't missed anything like a new product just out on the market I thought it wise to ask.
stock is a 10 spline, most people upgrade the input shaft when replacing a clutch to a more robust 26 spline input shaft if they have the funds. It's worth the time to save up and get it all done together if you can.

As far as a clutch I ran my 600 RWHP clutch on a spec 3 clutch and it was just fine. I didn't race with it so I have no idea how it would have held up against the strip. I just bought an Mcleod RXT which are supposed to be a lot better and cost double if not more over the spec.

A step up from a spec 3 is a spec 3+. some complain about chatter from the spec 3+. I didn't experience much if any from my spec 3.

Promotion makes a good clutch for our cars as well which are cheaper than the Mcloed RXT.

Take some time and read through the drivetrain section versus making new posts. There is plenty of good info that could help you determine the best clutch within your budget.

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
yeah I am in the same boat, I haven't really messed with mine in about 5 or 6 years, have a 26 spline in mine. I haven't had the slicks on in ever, but the aftermarket one I went with, I think RAM, chatters like a SOB and I don't even enjoy driving the car. Stiff clutch and chatters. I'm pullied, ported and spray a 100 shot. Money isn't really a concern, I just want the smoothest and easy pedal pressure one out there that sticks the best.

Users who are viewing this thread