Clutch Issues

LaFlavor

Established Member
I noticed recently that if I ever get into any boost in 5th or 6th gear, the clutch starts slipping. I'm assuming it needs to be replaced (~75,000 miles on the car), but I can't figure out why it would only be in the top gears. I can mat it in 1st - 4th with no issues. It seems like the torque being transmitted from the engine to the transmission should be the same no matter what gear I'm in. So, before I spend the money on a new one I wanted to see if the consensus is that the clutch needs to be replaced, or if there is an adjustment that is just off.

Thanks in advance for any help.

procharger

Established Member
I would think there is less force grip force in higher gears. If it is slipping I would put in a new clutch.

01SN8K

In Hawaii
Established Member
well when you boost 5th or 6th gear i am assuming you are lugging the car and making the car work more to get the car moving. even though it may be at highway speeds its still a low mph for those gears and thats also where the car would make the most torque in its powerband. that may be why it only slips in those gears. so your clutch most likely isnt toast all the way but starting to get there. so i would say go ahead and get a new one.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread