Clutch issues

dj050894

Established Member
About a month ago I got off the interstate after about a 2 hour drive and pushed the clutch to the floor and the pedal did not come back up, just stuck to the floor. I read on a couple forums that the cheap plastic clutch line that ford puts in these cars is a common diagnosis for this, so that was the first thing I replaced, also added a bleeder valve because apparently the ford engineers were not present when designing the clutch on these cars. After that didn't fix the problem I had the master cylinder replaced. After having the master cylinder was replaced the pedal feels 10x better, but the grab point is almost on the floor, it's really short, and it is almost impossible to get into reverse and 1st. It locks me out of gears all the time during normal driving, and it is creeping when the clutch is fully engaged. I'm really hoping it is something simple and stupid that I'm missing and I don't have to pull the transmission. Has anyone had this issue?

Myusername

Established Member
I had pedal sticking issues. My fix was a new clutch, flywheel, throw out bearing, and stainless line. No problems since

dj050894

Established Member
I replaced it with a stainless steel line. I guess i'm going to have to replace the whole clutch line. damn, I was trying to avoid that. I'm thinking its probably the slave cylinder, but might as well replace the whole thing while the tranny is out of the car.

Myusername

Established Member
Yup. It was either the slave cylinder or pressure plate so I did it all. When the disc out it was only wearing on one edge of the disc. The opposite side on the same face looked new where the other edge was wore out

Users who are viewing this thread