Clutch issue I can't figure out

VFORCEJOHN

Established Member
I even went the distance and made a custom braided stainless hard line from the new remote clutch fluid reservoir direct from the pedal master cylinder to the slave cylinder/throwout assembly, completely deleting the black plastic fitting. You just have to have this all installed and bled thru BEFORE you put the trans back up.

again, no noticeable difference vs stock.

I'd doubt changing this back to stock will yield any results.

at first I was worried about the amount of fluid the OEM cylinder can effectively pump/flow to support a larger line with correct pressure. This didn't seem to change anything.

ThomasL

Established Member
I even went the distance and made a custom braided stainless hard line from the new remote clutch fluid reservoir direct from the pedal master cylinder to the slave cylinder/throwout assembly, completely deleting the black plastic fitting. You just have to have this all installed and bled thru BEFORE you put the trans back up.

again, no noticeable difference vs stock.

I'd doubt changing this back to stock will yield any results.

at first I was worried about the amount of fluid the OEM cylinder can effectively pump/flow to support a larger line with correct pressure. This didn't seem to change anything.

I just don't know how to explain the fact that it worked fine for 10k miles though. I'd understand if it didn't work from the start. Thanks for the info though. We should have some more answers today or tomorrow.

VFORCEJOHN

Established Member
I believe they just don't hold the power.

what it will come down to is testing the pressure plate.

I just don't believe they have high enough clamping load to hold 800hp when heated one single time, or drag launches with 100 hp less.

ThomasL

Established Member
I believe they just don't hold the power.

what it will come down to is testing the pressure plate.

I just don't believe they have high enough clamping load to hold 800hp when heated one single time, or drag launches with 100 hp less.

We'll see man. I hope it's figured out and i can move on soon. Otherwise, i won't hesitate to throw a Spec or Ace in there.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
The RXT for the shelbys comes 100% complete out of the box. They specifically say to not disassemble. It's just bolt and go.

There is a second "flywheel" that is basically an adapter to adapt the clutch to the OEM flywheel.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
It's absolutely the clutch. No 2 ways about it. Just to figure out why a brand new 'bolt and go' clutch slips out of the box.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Subscribing to see outcome.
II toasted the stocker, Quarter master double, RXT double. Now I have the Triple Ace ready to go in but dealing with shimming issues (just got the tool in this week to set the shims. If this don't hold... I'm getting an automatic...
That's a ton of clutch money when a gear swap will help both your clutch and your strip times.
-J

ThomasL

Established Member
Subscribing to see outcome.

That's a ton of clutch money when a gear swap will help both your clutch and your strip times.
-J

Sure is for him. That's a bummer. I may be on my way to an auto soon as well haha. I'd do gears but i do half mile events and would like to do mile events eventually.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Auto on strip makes sense, but I'm not sure if any Mustang auto guys do 1/2 or mile?
I did math on the 1/2 mile and gears can actually help there in 5th, again math and theoretically, I've never run either but hoping a 1/2 mile comes near me.
-J

paluka21

Established Member
Sure is for him. That's a bummer. I may be on my way to an auto soon as well haha. I'd do gears but i do half mile events and would like to do mile events eventually.

Your car with an auto would be deep into the 9's if not better.

ThomasL

Established Member
Weather is not cooperating with the need to test the issue and the new parts. Stay tuned! Like i said, all that's left to test is a new clutch line and new master cylinder.

ThomasL

Established Member
New clutch line. Same old problem. Only thing left is a new master cylinder. Then it's either success! Or i'm going auto lol

ThomasL

Established Member
Our last hope, a newly installed master cylinder, made no difference. So now we're really left scratching our heads. Plan is to send the old unit off to Mcleod and see if they notice anything.

Users who are viewing this thread