Clutch gone need part #'s

eludercobra

Established Member
Well guys my clutch is starting to slip. So I am going to install a Spec Stage 3 + clutch just a 10 spline for now. I need to know all the parts i need to replace it. I have a mechanic friend that is going to do it, but i need to know all the parts i need for him. Besides the clutch, what other parts do i need?

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member
Get a Ford(Motorcraft or Ford Racing) throwout bearing. The SPEC TOB is suppose a total POS.
Ford Racing 96-04 Heavy Duty Throw Out Bearing [M-7548-A] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

Also make sure your throwout bearing sleeve is in good shape. Here a good one if you need it.
Lethal Performance T-56 Throwout Bearing Retainer Sleeve [LP-T56TOBSLEEVE] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

Also I would get a new flywheel instead of resurfacing the factory one. Many have not had success resurfacing it as its aluminum. A cheaper steel one will work great and has its benefits if you don't want to buy an aluminum flywheel. Fidanza sell a well priced, quality aluminum flywheel.
Fidanza 96-04 Mustang Aluminum Flywheel (8 Bolt Crank) [186481] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

Ram sell a very well priced steel flywheel which would be the one I would go with if you do a steel flywheel.
Ram 03-04 Cobra Billet Steel Flywheel (8 Bolt) [RAM-1545] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

You will want to get a good aluminum quadrant, and either a firewall adjuster, or a quality, USA made adjustable cable.(Steeda or Zoom) The only thing you need to be careful with with a firewall adjuster is to not over tighten it where theres no slack on the cable. People have actually pulled them through the firewall from over tightening them.

Quadrants and firewall adjusters.
Adjusters : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

Adjustable cable.
Steeda 96-04 Mustang Adjustable Clutch Cable (V8 Cars) [172-0201] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

I run a LDC freeplay mod, but feel its not really necessary. I can't tell much a difference with or without it.

Last edited:

eludercobra

Established Member
Thanks for all the info, I have decided since the transmission is coming out, I might as well do the 26 spline input shaft. Since I have to crack the the cover to replace the tob retainer.

Also should i get a new pilot bearing also

Jroc

Established Member
Cool!

My setup is a McLeod RST twin disk, Ram billet aluminum flywheel, FR TOB and pilot bearing, Lethal TOB sleeve, Liberty Gear 26 spline input shaft, a adjustable pivot ball, Zoom adjustable cable, LDC freeplay mod, Maximum Motorsports quadrant and firewall adjuster, and I think thats it off the top of my head.

Users who are viewing this thread