Clutch goin out...suggestions needed for a 95 Cobra

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
After a good day of track time, my clutch is finally starting to slip and die on me after 2 years. I can still shift (fairly easy actually) but it's very noticeable that it's no longer grabbing when I get on the gas. RPM's just shoot up and the car doesn't kick at all and reeks of that burned clutch smell after. Normal driving is fine though (not that I'm going to drive it again)

Curious what other folks with similar power numbers/mods to mine are running that hold up well to occasional track use.

Currently running a SC'd 306 backed by a TKO 600. Last dyno run was 475 RWHP back in September.

Thoughts/suggestions? And if you happen to have what I need for sale, feel free to let me know!

Last edited:

badblacklx

Established Member
After a good day of track time, my clutch is finally starting to slip and die on me after 2 years. I can still shift (fairly easy actually) but it's very noticeable that it's no longer grabbing when I get on the gas. RPM's just shoot up and the car doesn't kick at all and reeks of that burned clutch smell after. Normal driving is fine though (not that I'm going to drive it again)

Curious what other folks with similar power numbers/mods to mine are running that hold up well to occasional track use.

Currently running a SC'd 306 backed by a TKO 600. Last dyno run was 475 RWHP back in September.

Thoughts/suggestions? And if you happen to have what I need for sale, feel free to let me know!
fms King cobra will hold it

ZeroDCX

Established Member
McLeod... Can't say enough great things about it. I can push the clutch down with my finger. But it's a little pricey but well worth it to me. Nothing else is going on my car other than McLeod clutch kits.

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
McLeod... Can't say enough great things about it. I can push the clutch down with my finger. But it's a little pricey but well worth it to me. Nothing else is going on my car other than McLeod clutch kits.

Think I might have to go with this set up. Never used one before but I've read nothing but good about them. Hitting the web/forums today to try and land one quickly.

ZeroDCX

Established Member
Think I might have to go with this set up. Never used one before but I've read nothing but good about them. Hitting the web/forums today to try and land one quickly.

If you order from Summit, just make sure you inspect the clutch thoroughly when you get it. It's not Summit's fault, but I was shipped the wrong clutch three times before getting the correct one. Turned out to be a packing issue at McLeod apparently. But they really treat their customers well when it came to rectifying the situation. I didn't have to pay a cent to ship it back to them... all three times, lol.

jtkz13

Established Member
I have a McLeod Street Twin, and its held up great. Rated for close to 1,000hp I think and its not a ton heavier than stock. Its nice & progressive too, not an on/off switch like some Spec clutches can be.

Mines got 25k+ HARD miles it. Slicks, road course, heavy street use.

shurur

Established Member

I couldn't agree with you more..although I'm just stock HP and have the lowly single hub clutch w/ McLeod AL flywheel...I'll always stick with McLeod....

Last edited:

Zacharyx

Established Member
Call promotion and see what they recommend,I have installed lots of clutches from them and no one has complained

SVTContique

+1
Mcleod makes an amazing clutch, they are all that will ever go in my cars.

Users who are viewing this thread