Clutch & Flywheel

SVT_2000Contour

Unloading it in your GF!
Established Member
Alright well it wasn't my transmission that went out. It was the flywheel and clutch assembly. Here's my question, where can I find a reasonably priced clutch and flywheel for my car? I'm probably gonna do the work myself to save me from the $1850 Ford wants to charge me. So if I'm gonna replace these parts might as well go with the performance parts.

inteller

Established Member
just remember that the rev characterisitics will change a lot. it will also chatter more loudly. the DMF and clutch setup were meant to dampen sound and make it more driveable.

nemitz

Nemesis Enforcer
Established Member
I've had numerous problems with the dual mass and stock clutch. I finally got rid of the crappy stock parts and went with a fidanza aluminum flywheel and a clutchmasters stage 1 clutch. The car is absolutly amazing. Very quick on the throttle, top end has been raised, and not to mention the difference in gas mileage. I get at least 120km more on a tank of gas. Don't worry about the noise, it's half as quiet as the stock assembly. The car feels and acts totally different. Go light weight, you won't be dissapointed.

SVT_2000Contour

Unloading it in your GF!
Established Member
Can anyone help with finding a company that can overnight a clutch?

I'm having a hard time finding a clutch, don't know why. Anyways I'm gonna let Ford do the work. However the tech. at the shop said he would be happy to install a aftermarket clutch. I'm keeping the dual mass flywheel.

nemitz

Nemesis Enforcer
Established Member
You can find a clutch at www.c.f.m.com

If your going to change the clutch you should get rid of the dual mass, it's problematic. I've had three fall apart on me with the stock clutch, an after market clutch will completely blow it up. The flywheel is what causes the clutches to fall apart and as the plates loosen up it put excessive stress on the input shaft. I've been through this 5 times already with the stock parts, I have the work orders to proove it! You're going to regret not changing the flywheel. EVERYBODY says you hear gear noise, my car is quieter now with the aftermarket parts than it was with stock! :nono:

SVT_2000Contour

Unloading it in your GF!
Established Member
Well my Spec Stage I Clutch and Fidanaz Alum. Flywheel are on there way to me.
Can't wait to see how she runs when I get her back!!

nemitz

Nemesis Enforcer
Established Member
You are going to fall in love with your car all over again! Get ready to awake the beast inside the SVTF!!!!!! :thumbsup: :beer: :banana: :pepper:

nemitz

Nemesis Enforcer
Established Member
SVT_2000Contour said:
So what can I look forward to as far as performance with the installation of these parts?? :pepper:
The first thing I noticed right away was how fast the rpm's went up. You can easily peel the tires in first gear, the torque improved greatly. On the highway she's a dream. Extremely responsive and it takes no time at all to get to speed. And the fuel mileage, my god what an improvement, now you have a damn quick car that is as good on gas, if not better, than the hyundai accent. The only problem i have, and it's a small one, is in bumper to bumper traffic. The stage 1 clutch grabs pretty hard and it's a bitch to drive in traffic. I do recommend getting a rear mount because the new found torque is going to roll your motor.

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

RabidMongoos3

Established Member
if youre goin to change a mount, change all three.

mine went out with the stock clutch and flywheel and i only have 19k on it :nonono:

SVT_2000Contour

Unloading it in your GF!
Established Member
I was looking at the motor mounts earlier this morning. I'll be doing this after I get the car back. Man from what you've said nemitz, I can't wait any longer!!

SVT_2000Contour

Unloading it in your GF!
Established Member
Well finally got my shipment in today and guess what....NO F'N FLYWHEEL!!!! WTF!! I'm pissed off right now! Ok so according to the companys website. I wouldn't be billed if a item was out of stock. Ha not the case here, finally got ahold of someone. Customer service sux a big one! And well he tells me that it was out of stock. WTF then why in the hell did you charge me and send a email saying both had shipped???? AAAGGHHHHH So now I'm in a pickle, anyone know where I can find one that is in STOCK?
:mj: :mj: :mj: :mj: :fm: :bash:

nemitz

Nemesis Enforcer
Established Member
SVT_2000Contour said:
Well finally got my shipment in today and guess what....NO F'N FLYWHEEL!!!! WTF!! I'm pissed off right now! Ok so according to the companys website. I wouldn't be billed if a item was out of stock. Ha not the case here, finally got ahold of someone. Customer service sux a big one! And well he tells me that it was out of stock. WTF then why in the hell did you charge me and send a email saying both had shipped???? AAAGGHHHHH So now I'm in a pickle, anyone know where I can find one that is in STOCK?
:mj: :mj: :mj: :mj: :fm: :bash:
Try www.c-f-m.com or www.ultrarev.com. I purchased mine from ultrarev. very proffesional, good bunch of guys :thumbsup:

SVT_2000Contour

Unloading it in your GF!
Established Member
Just purchased my second flywheel from ultrarev. Awsome customer service, even put my order as top priority! Well see how its goes when I recieve the flywheel tomorrow. Oh and I saved $80!! Damn what a deal, flywheel and next day air was cheaper then the last company. WOW!

SVT_2000Contour

Unloading it in your GF!
Established Member
Alright so I go to pick up the car yesterday. I get about a mile down the road and the car acts up again. Then it starts leaking transmission fluid. This will be the third tear down to figure out whats going on. Really starting to get under my skin. The shop is claiming that the slave cyclider is defective. :dw:
Also this is the second tear down since it started to leak. :cuss: Also I don't think they hooked the intake runners up right. The car sure didn't have any power and I thought it would rev. quicker. Seems the same to me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread