Clutch/Flywheel Questions

CobraBallz97

Established Member
Some of you may have followed my issues with the clutch cable and quadrant issues in the past month or so. Well, now I'm thinking the clutch itself is on its way out. It has close to 95k on the stock clutch. I'm going with a Spec Stage 1. I have heard that the TOB with the King Cobra clutch kit is not so great. Does anyone know if this is also the case w/ the Spec Kits?
Can someone fill me in on some details on flywheel resurfacing, I'm trying to avoid purchasing a new one. I know that if it is warped I obviously need to replace it, but how reliable is resurfacing?
Thanks

Last edited:

SVT CAMR

Established Member
I did it one time to my stock FW and it was fine. It all comes down to who is doing it. At D&D performance they have stock FW for $99

Toasty

Established Member
Some of you may have followed my issues with the clutch cable and quadrant issues in the past month or so. Well, now I'm thinking the clutch itself is on its way out. It has close to 95k on the stock clutch. I'm going with a Spec Stage 1. I have heard that the TOB with the King Cobra clutch kit is not so great. Does anyone know if this is also the case w/ the Spec Kits?
Can someone fill me in on some details on flywheel resurfacing, I'm trying to avoid purchasing a new one. I know that if it is warped I obviously need to replace it, but how reliable is resurfacing?
Thanks

Engine/Driveline shops resurface flywheels all the time with no issues. As long as the flywheel isnt full of stress cracks and isnt machined below the minimum spec thickness for that flywheel you will be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread