Clutch effort

GUY WAGNER

Established Member
After hearing that the clutch pedal effort is somewhat high on the GT500 I decided to check for myself before mine arrives(June 20 or so).We were at Carlisle all Ford Saturday and they had a manufacturer plate car on display.I got in and pushed the clutch,it was pretty stiff.
That got me thinking but I didn't go sit in another one and check it.
Looking on E-Bay this morning and saw that Faukner Ford in Quakertown has one in stock ($15,000.00 over BTW).
Went to see it this afternoon,sat in it and pushed the pedal.The pedal effort is fine.More than my 12 Boss,but not by much.
Just thought I'd pass that along.
Guy

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
What amazes me is going from driving the GT500 about 350 miles and getting back into my '99 GT.

It was tons harder to push down, but had a LOT sloppier release feel/grab point.

Expected the tough push being cable opposed to hydraulic.

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
My pedal feels easy. Guess it's all up to what kind of clutch you drove previously. I know i'll get out of my 03 into someone elses hydraulic car and feel like i am gonna step through the floorboard they're so easy

GUY WAGNER

Established Member
03 Cobra

I also have an 03 Cobra.The pedal effort on that was very hard,almost annoying.The centerforce clutch fixed that quick.I was just hoping to avoid that this time around.

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
I had a DFX in mine. I think this one is 1/2 the pedal pressure. This is very easy to drive around in traffic.

RSH427R

Established Member
1 billion times better than my 08. Very smooth and very little effort is needed.

Users who are viewing this thread