clutch/cruise control safety switch wiring? adding a cancel button for cruise contro

zimm17

Shelbyless
Established Member
My plan is to put a momentary push button switch in the circuit that goes to the clutch switch that triggers the cruise control off. This way I actually have a "cancel" button instead of slipping the clutch or tapping the brakes on the highway.

I bought both closed and open push buttons, because I don't know if the circuit is normally open or closed. Anyone have a diagram or know what wire I need to cut to put the switch in?

zimm17

Shelbyless
Established Member
I did some more research and found this diagram... looks like I can use the normally closed pushbutton switch on the black/yellow ground wire. Then when the circuit is opened, it should cut off the cruise control.

ScreenShot2012-03-30at102113AM.gif

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
?? I just press the cruise off button on the steering wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zimm17

Shelbyless
Established Member
?? I just press the cruise off button on the steering wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then you have to manually set the speed again- resume won't work. I use cruise control A LOT on my 50 miles of daily highway commute. I can't believe mustang doesn't have a cancel button- every other car I've driven does.

zimm17

Shelbyless
Established Member
Fixed! Used a push button switch from radio shack- $3 for 4 of them. They are closed and the circuit opens when the button is pushed. Wired it into the black/yellow wire of the clutch switch. Works perfect! Bump the switch, cruise kicks off, but the speed is kept in memory so "resume" works too. No more hitting the clutch or brakes every time.

ecabf5b9.gif

Users who are viewing this thread