Clutch choices?

00WHTSC281

Established Member
Should end up at around 350/375rwhp. I want a chatter free clutch. I dont mind stiff, just not real stiff. Anybody like what they are using? Spec 2, 2+
McLeod
Centerforce
Ram
I also want an alum. flywheel to go with it. Post what clutch your running/power level/ and if you like it. Thanks.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

spike_africa

Established Member
My honest no bullshit opinion is a Spec stage 1 will hold that power, be smooth, and not break the input shaft on the transmission. I have a spec stage 2 it chatters like a whore. I would go stage 1 unless you make crazy power. Most people over clutch their cars for some reason.

00WHTSC281

Established Member
My honest no bullshit opinion is a Spec stage 1 will hold that power, be smooth, and not break the input shaft on the transmission. I have a spec stage 2 it chatters like a whore. I would go stage 1 unless you make crazy power. Most people over clutch their cars for some reason.

Saleen leaves the stock GT clutch in them. Lasted 42k. I recently added about 100HP and it took about 500 miles to start slipping. I dont know if its the power, or if it was already about to give out. My only concern for a spec stage 1 is a high rpm hard launch at the track. I think it would be fine any other time. My goal was to get a time slip in the 11's. Even if its a 11.99! Lol! Although track time will be minimal. Everyday chatter isnt worth one time slip.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
I've heard some horror stories from multiple people I know about spec clutches. Does your car have the tremec 3650? My personal opinion is use a stock 03/04 cobra clutch in it. Had a friend with an 04 Kenne bell GT on 12psi running a stock 03/04 clutch behind almost 440 to the tires.

00WHTSC281

Established Member
I've heard some horror stories from multiple people I know about spec clutches. Does your car have the tremec 3650? My personal opinion is use a stock 03/04 cobra clutch in it. Had a friend with an 04 Kenne bell GT on 12psi running a stock 03/04 clutch behind almost 440 to the tires.
I have the T-45.

00GTVERT00

Established Member
I have the centerforce dual friction with full bolt ons and 4.10s and have had no issues.

EMC9

Established Member
Stay away from the Ram HDX clutch kit. Mine chatters like a mother******. It is moderately stiff, I did not notice much of a difference between it and my stock clutch on my 03 GT. It grabs a little better and does not chatter during hard driving, but in traffic/parking lots/driving slow it is far from pleasant. I am sure there are better options out there.

USACHMP

Established Member
I used the spec 2+ clutch for over 2 years and made over 700rwhp. No chatter and held every bit of power when i pulled it out It was in good enough condition to sell too. I'm on the McLeod rxt now

redfire04gt

Blown 2v
Established Member
I just put a centerforce dual friction in my 3650. Only have about 30 miles on it but it's quiet as a mouse and close to stock feel. I have a buddy with a spec 2 that feels pretty good too and is quiet as well. As mentioned keep in mind your power levels you don't need a crazy clutch.

Users who are viewing this thread