Clutch choice McLeod or Spec???

Mock4147

Established Member
Hello I have a 1967 ford f100 pickup truck with 2007 gt500 engine and trans. I just installed the vmp 820hp kit with gen II-r tvs, twin 67mm tb, 123mm Jtl intake and id1000 injectors now that I have the new found power I was wondering what clutch upgrade everyone here recommends I see here a lot of people have the McLeod but also have seen people including when Shelby America does an upgrade they use Spec brand. I thank everyone for there input

fmylife

Established Member
I'll be getting an RXT installed this week based off recommendations from sooooo many people on this forum and several others. Seems to have a good rep so I'd rather do it right the first time!

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
I loved the performance I got out of my SPEC at 500hp, but I never pushed my SPEC at those levels. I plan on using the Mcleod for my GT350 build because its a twin disc rated for 1200 HP and a proven record.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
On the advise of my tuner, a Spec SS trim went in my 11.
No issues & no chatter from day one. Whatever you buy, don't forget the 500 mile break-in..

deepblue13

Established Member
I loved the performance I got out of my SPEC at 500hp, but I never pushed my SPEC at those levels. I plan on using the Mcleod for my GT350 build because its a twin disc rated for 1200 HP and a proven record.

That 1200 HP rating wasn't too accurate when I had my car on the dyno last week. Clutch slipped on two separate pulls. It is practically new, right at 500 miles, and was inspected when I pulled transmission right before dyno. Not saying it is not a good clutch but I don't believe their rating is 100% accurate. Was a great clutch when I was at 800hp/720ft lbs though. I ordered a spec E Trim that should be in tomorrow so i can finish tuning.

ante

Established Member
If you plan on going to the track a lot I would go Spec. If not rxt is a friendlier clutch for street use.
I have a spec it's very good but it's very on off within one inch of travel. Not heavy at all though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread