Clutch Chatter

Cobertible01

Established Member
For all you guys or gals out there that have had numerous clutches or experience with multiple clutches, what have you found to be quietest? I know driving style makes a difference and how much horsepower your running. I personally am not making high amounts of power, roughly 330 whp and really don't race much but would like something to hold up to some. I will be installing a magnum t-56 with 26 spline input this spring and can't decide what clutch to get that won't make lots of chatter. I can live with a slightly heavier pedal feel but would like to stay close to stock. It is not my DD.

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
I have an '03/'04 clutch w/an aluminum Fidanza flywheel and have had zero chatter from day 1. And it's designed to take the HP you're putting down.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I have an '03/'04 clutch w/an aluminum Fidanza flywheel and have had zero chatter from day 1. And it's designed to take the HP you're putting down.

+1
Although I have a billet steel flywheel. But the 03/04 clutch hasn't had any problems with my set up. And I daily drive my car.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Anyone know if you can get an 03/04 cobra clutch with a 26 spline disc?

I just reread your post and missed that part. The 03/04's are all 10 spline. I've heard of people using a stock pressure plate and getting a new disc. But I'm not sure if you can get the pressure plate by itself.

Users who are viewing this thread