Clutch Cable

calypso92coupe

Established Member
Ok 1st off sorry if this is in the wrong spot.

I have a 1992 terminator swap. I have the t56 and cobra pedals. My clutch cable is tight as it can go on the trans. can not run fire wall adjuster(valve cover wont allow). and I have a UPR quadrant. My clutch will not engage disengage to allow into gears. If it matters I have a Spec 3plus and alum flywheel all new! has oem new cable. Any help? Thanks

BO TY KLR

Established Member
So you are saying that you can't take up the slack with the firewall adjuster, and cable adjustment nut is all the way tight? You need a triple hook quadrant so that you can pull slack out of cable by moving to another hook. Also might try a fox body cable as they are shorter.
Or are you saying cable is tight and you can't get clutch to release? Clutch fork wont move? That sounds like somthing binding at pressure plate. Use a crow bar and try to move fork. Shouldn't take much effort so don't force if it doesn't move. I've had the coils pop out of clutch dish and wedge into pressure plate that cause this binding.

Last edited:

calypso92coupe

Established Member
Ok thanks for the tips! Im thinking I have a triple hook quad! If I can remember correctly I hooked it in the middle hook! I am going to try hooking it on the next hook and see how that goes!

Users who are viewing this thread