Clutch Cable Question

99cobra907up

Established Member
I bought a Fiore firewall adjuster and steeda quadrant, do I need a aftermarket cable or is OE the best option? What combo are people running with the Fiore adjuster? Thanks

01Dave

Established Member
The OEM cable is almost always the best option. You have to take the spacer off the end, but IIRC there are instructions in the Fiore kit. If not, search around here or with Google and you will get some good tech articles.

fastback brian

Established Member
Stock cable works great.. The important parts comes from installing the quad correctly... make sure the quad is solidly mounted to the end of the pedal shafts.. there should be no free play or any slop... Ive been using a section of 1/2 heater hose as a spacer, works so far.. or you can stack a bunch of washers but the quad should be tight once the clip/s are on... double check the quad for any sharp edges in the cable channel, smooth them out and that should be all...Its also a good time to snug up the clutch pedal to shaft nut.....

99cobra907up

Established Member
Thanks for the advice guys. I think I'll order a new OEM when doing the install. I will make sure the quadrant is solid!

Bad99SVT

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
def go with the oem cable...i have seen people mis adjust there aftermarket cable by just a little bit and burn the clutch up in there car.

zPipes

Established Member
^ I did this. However I am still using the adjustible cable, and I just finished the clutch replacement a couple weeks ago. I just made sure not to make the same mistake again. I adjusted it so it would stop squeaking, but it was not worth it in the end.

Except now with new parts I have zero tweeeeting from the release bearing. I lubed that mother up pretty good. Stuffed it with green grease. Hopefully it holds up for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread