clutch cable purchase help

Jo Jos 96 Cobra

Established Member
help had my cable come out of the factory quadrant at the track other week. after crawling under dash it was a simple fix but to the point im in the market for a new set up. now i mite be wrong ( where this group comes in) but is it not better to keep a stock style non-adjustable cable and just get a good quadrant and fire wall adjuster for a smoother clutch and easier pedal? most kits i see come with quadrant and fire wall adjust plus an adjustable cable. any kits out there like im looking for that come with a stock style cable or am i better off buying part separate?

Rick98Z

Established Member
As I'm new to these cars I don't know that my answer is the best but I replaced my cable with the maximum motorsports stock replacement cable, and added their firewall adjuster and clutch quadrant. I have no complaints and it seems better deals can be had by buying everything together...

BOTTLEFED5

booost+spray= me
Established Member
Get an aftermarket quadrant,firewall adjuster,and use a ford racing adjustable cable and you'll be very happy

97riocobra2

Established Member
Save yourself the trouble and purchase the quadrant, firewall adjuster, and stock cable from Maximum Motorsports. I just replaced my Steeda setup due to the adjustable cable stretching, the MM setup is a better kit.

bumsoil

Established Member
just replaced my 5000 mile steeda cable with a MM cable. the steeda cable got crunchy feeling really fast and felt terrible. i have the MM quadrant, cable and a fiore firewall adjuster.

heavychevy

Established Member
MM makes great stuff, I have had good luck with the ford racing cable and quad.. If that one evers fails me I'll go MM..

shurur

Established Member
MM quadrant adjust kit uses OEM cable. Also pick up an MM clutch pedal adjust kit. You be glad.

Users who are viewing this thread