Clutch cable lube

Fomoco69

Established Member
Hi....I did not see a thread on this & was wondering how to lube it / 2003 Mach 1

Mattstang04

Established Member
I've never done it myself. I would think you pull off one end or the other and just start feeding lube into the casing. Actuate the cable while applying and working down into the casing.

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
You need to take the cable off the car , pour a light oil into the case from one end , and work the cable in and out until oil comes out the other end.
I use a oil I use for my handguns , or 3in1 .
Tape the cable to the end of my rack with it hanging d down, pull the cable out of the case a ways , and start working it .

Fomoco69

Established Member
You need to take the cable off the car , pour a light oil into the case from one end , and work the cable in and out until oil comes out the other end.
I use a oil I use for my handguns , or 3in1 .
Tape the cable to the end of my rack with it hanging d down, pull the cable out of the case a ways , and start working it .
Ten four....thanx

my04mach

Established Member
Wow, this new forum software sucks ass SVTPerformance!

Here is my second attempt at trying to reply to this stupid thread lol, so I'm more abrupt...

Don't use oil or any other petroleum based lubricants until you know what the inner liner of the cable is made of. Just find a non-petroleum lubricant if you want to try and lube the cable.

I'd suggest replacing the stock setup with a Maximum Motorsport cable, quadrant, and firewall adjuster. The stock quadrant is plastic and cracks easily causing shifting issues and terrible pedal feel.

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/Clutch-Cable-Quadrant-and-Firewall-Adjuster-Package-P385.aspx

Fomoco69

Established Member
Wow, this new forum software sucks ass SVTPerformance!

Here is my second attempt at trying to reply to this stupid thread lol, so I'm more abrupt...

Don't use oil or any other petroleum based lubricants until you know what the inner liner of the cable is made of. Just find a non-petroleum lubricant if you want to try and lube the cable.

I'd suggest replacing the stock setup with a Maximum Motorsport cable, quadrant, and firewall adjuster. The stock quadrant is plastic and cracks easily causing shifting issues and terrible pedal feel.

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/Clutch-Cable-Quadrant-and-Firewall-Adjuster-Package-P385.aspx
Ten four....I am good for now....car shifts like new....but will remember this when the time comes.....thanx

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
Maximum Motorsports cable is a factory style replacement .
The liner is plastic as is the covering on the cable itself.

Users who are viewing this thread