Clutch cable hook-up question

Black Venom 99

Established Member
Hello everyone,
I have a question regarding hooking up the clutch cable on my car (99 Cobra). Factory T-45 that I had fully built by promotion powertrain (8 years ago as my build started, but went on hold and has never been utilized. Marriage, Family, House were more importan, but is now back on).
Spec stage 3 clutch with new pressure plate, and throw out bearing. Factory clutch cable, and quadrant that has only been disconnected when I pulled the engine.

Question is, I have everything back in, and the only item left is to hook the ball end of the cable to the clutch arm coming off the transmission. But when going to do so, I am about 1/4”-1/2” off from securing it to the arm. A bit of prying will most likely do the trick, but has anyone experienced this, and is it normal persay?

Any help would be appreciated!

-Ronald

01yellercobra

Established Member
That sounds normal. After you hook it up you can do the toe lift then pedal press to adjust it.

Black Venom 99

Established Member
Hello everyone,
I have a question regarding hooking up the clutch cable on my car (99 Cobra). Factory T-45 that I had fully built by promotion powertrain (8 years ago as my build started, but went on hold and has never been utilized. Marriage, Family, House were more importan, but is now back on).
Spec stage 3 clutch with new pressure plate, and throw out bearing. Factory clutch cable, and quadrant that has only been disconnected when I pulled the engine.

Question is, I have everything back in, and the only item left is to hook the ball end of the cable to the clutch arm coming off the transmission. But when going to do so, I am about 1/4”-1/2” off from securing it to the arm. A bit of prying will most likely do the trick, but has anyone experienced this, and is it normal persay?

Any help would be appreciated!

-Ronald
Thank you for the help! Can you elaborate a bit on that process, the toe lift and pedal press?
-Ronald

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Ive always had to use something (like a small crow bar) to pry the clutch lever forward to slide the cable end onto it. Normal.

Getting the factory quadrant mechanism to take up the correct amount of slack on the cable, pull up on the clutch pedal with some force. It will make a 'pop' sound as it makes its adjustment.

Black Venom 99

Established Member
Ive always had to use something (like a small crow bar) to pry the clutch lever forward to slide the cable end onto it. Normal.

Getting the factory quadrant mechanism to take up the correct amount of slack on the cable, pull up on the clutch pedal with some force. It will make a 'pop' sound as it makes its adjustment.
Awesome, thanks a bunch Sir! Very much appreciated!

-Ronald

Users who are viewing this thread