ryanmurray2296

Established Member
My clutch seems to catch really late and it is kind of annoying to drive. I have recently had a problem with my throw out bearing squeaking and had it replaced 3 times. The third time I also had a fire wall adjuster, adjustable clutch cable, and a new quadrant installed. That seemed to stop the throw out bearing from going bad so fast. So I was wondering, if I were to tighten the firewall adjuster to fix the grab point of my clutch, could it cause to throw out bearing to go bad again?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
there seems to be 2 schools of thought

1) the TOB should ride on the pressure plate fingers with very slight pretension
2) the TOB should NOT touch the pp fingers at all until you push the pedal (meaning the TOB goes from 0 to say 7000rpm instantly)

if you go by #1 then theres basically no room to adjust for "feel" (if tighten it too much youre putting too much pressure on the TOB and possibly accelerating clutch wear by not letting it fully engage) if you subscribe to #2 I suppose it leaves a little room to screw around with it

basically, it seems that you adjust it for TOB life and get used to it driving it so long as it still engages/disengages smoothly

Users who are viewing this thread