Clutch burnt @ 8500 miles?????????

wildosvt

Established Member
I went to have my car serviced and they are trying to tell me that "it feels like your clucth is burnt"HOW in the hell can my clutch be burnt when I have to drive a half an hour to go where ever it is Im going on the E-way??????They told me they are warrantying my trans.Which 2nd let go in it.I think they are trying to get some money out of me for their inconvenience (sp? im ticked right now cant think) Plaease tell me what you guys think.I called SVT and they said I can request that a field rep can inspect it for defects.Has anyone been told such a bull---- line before:xpl:

fangstang

Established Member
Actually, last october my cobra was in service for one month for the clutch and tranny problem in my 2001. Some of the T-3650 trannies were defected, something to do with 2nd gear. All I know is that I had my tranny, clutch, and pressure plate all replaced under warrenty. BTW, they replaced my T-3650 w/ a T-45, haven't had any problems since(knock on wood).

svtduck

Established Member
Unfortunately, all dealers are not alike. My son has a focus, and the fuel pump was going out. Has been trying for three weeks to get it fixed, and they said they can't duplicate the problem, so they wouldn't fix it. Yesterday he took it to another dealer, and they put a new pump on it and he got his car back the same day. :beer:

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
i had a dealership say they weren't going to replace my tranny at 3800 miles, had a bent shift fork or something, ground going into third (ONE MISSED SHIFT!), because they saw some tire remnants on the underbody......I was like"how would I leave tire pieces shifting from second to third....after I told them I was taking it to another dealership, they said they would fix it "this time". I think they were just scared that Ford might not approve the work.

fangstang

Established Member
Originally posted by quick01snake
i had a dealership say they weren't going to replace my tranny at 3800 miles, had a bent shift fork or something, ground going into third (ONE MISSED SHIFT!), because they saw some tire remnants on the underbody......I was like"how would I leave tire pieces shifting from second to third....after I told them I was taking it to another dealership, they said they would fix it "this time". I think they were just scared that Ford might not approve the work.

Tell them to go F#*K themselves!!! What kind of crap is that!!! If the shits broke, its broke!!,thats it!!, NO QUESTIONS ASKED!!!!(Damn I hate these jerkoffs!!!!!!!):mj:

raider187

Ne Desit Virtus
Established Member
LOL :lol: Easy Fang...LOL I agree with you, as a matter of fact. I would of responed the same way, that's why I'm :LOL:

It's still a "new" car, they should fix it, no questions... The dealer gets a cut of the cost to fix it, so they make money. Should not be a problem...

Users who are viewing this thread