Clutch and flywheel advice/just sent tranny to G-Force

reyberg

Established Member
This past weekend I pulled my tranny and sent it off to G-Force. They are doing the usual plus I had the taller 5th gear installed and the heavy duty 26 spline input shaft added. I am also going to install a new clutch and flywheel. Any advice on what to get? I was thinking maybe a Centerforce or SPEC clutch and a Fidanza Aluminum flywheel. Also what do you all think as far as clutch quadrants? I have my eye on two kinds. One is the Steeda and the other is made my Coolblueperformance. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

whistlin93SVT

Titty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Established Member
I have a SPEC stage 2 in mine and I love it. It is harder than stock but the leg gets used to it.

I am also running the entire steeda clutch adjustment kit (quadrant, cable, and firewall adjuster). This is also a great product. There is one downside, it is a pain in the a## to loosen the allen bolt from the firewall adjuster to adjust the clutch. There is just no room in there for your hand. Concerning installation, it is not as hard as everyone says. The reason that everyone says its hard is because they squeeze onto the floorboard on their backs in front of the seat. Just remove the seat, lay on your back and throw your feet up onto the rear seat. This is by far the easiest way. The 5 min of time to remove the seat will save an hour of install time.

Last edited:

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
I went with the Centerforce dual friction due to my power level. Very light pedal compared to my prior clutches (King Cobra, AFM Super king Cobra, OEM) but has weights on it where it will get heavier in the upper rpms.

mustangcobra93

Established Member
I have a SPEC stage III in mine and a SPEC billet steel flywheel. If its not a daily driver I'd recommend their stage III if it is go with the stage II.

sled

Established Member
i had the spec stage 2 and a Ram clutch(forget which one). both of them where great. i also had a centerforce and did not like it. it just didnt feel right when i was banging gears going down the road. the ram clutch was probably the best one i think.

mustangcobra93

Established Member
LEE93COBRA said:
stg II is not any lighter than a stage III

I was basing my answer on the fact the II is more like the stock clutch in that it slips to provide an easy startup where as the III is an on/off clutch.

91lxcoupe

NOTCH U
Established Member
I have the CF DF and absolutely love it. It has a light pedal feel and can be daily driven w/ ease. I have the UPR triple hook and firewall adjuster. Do not use any of the adjustable cables, use OEM cables as they are teflon lined and will allow the cable to slide much easier. I have had the aftermarket ones brake on me while driving and its not fun at all. No problems w/ the OEM one and it feels the best of all also.

reyberg

Established Member
Thanks for the opinions. Another option is a Hays clutch and flywheel. Any opinions there?

Users who are viewing this thread