Clutch advice for any year Mustang

homer302

Banned
This weekend I did a clutch R&R. I just wanted to make fun of myself. I had it all the way together except the X-pipe and realized that I didn't even look at the disk to make sure it was facing the right way. Those that do their own work know that the clutch disk has to be turned or facing the right direction or it won't work. I decided to go ahead and put the X pipe and driveshaft in it and take my chances since I was so far along. No turning back now....LOL
Well I had a 50/50 shot and somehow got it right. It drives like a champ (other than the issues in my other thread).

Just to put that out there. Make sure to not get in a hurry and go too fast. pay attention. If I had the clutch disk in backwards, it would all have to come back apart.

Feel free to laugh at me.

:rolling:

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
A few Miller's beforehand, right?

EDIT: Your other problem is a Headscratcher for sure

Last edited:

RussZTT

Established Member
:lol: Man, I think everyone that does their own work as done something stupid, your just the only one that admitted it on a public board. :beer:

homer302

Banned
Actually no, no Millers before this project. LOL. An oil change, sure. Maybe even brake pads but not a clutch replacement. Too much work.

I have done probably 6-8 clutch installs for me and my friends over the years. I couldn't believe I did that. I was picking up some trash while taking a break and saw this paper and picked it up. It said to make sure to check clutch disk direction before installation and I about passed out. Funny now. Then.....not so much.
My other problem is truly a head scratcher. I don't even have a guess.

If you cant laugh at yourself, you take life too seriously. :beer:

RussZTT

Established Member
Hell, I just had the worst oil change issue that I ever had. Drained the oil out of the car but couldn't get the oil filter off. I put it on while the engine was out WAY to tight. I started getting hot so I went to turn the fan on and the electricity was out. I ended up sticking a screw driver through the filter 4 times until I was able to turn it. While I was hammering the screw driver, with every hit oil would splatter even on me. Couldn't turn it with my hand since the filter was butchered up. So I had to use some pliers that couldn't fit around the filter. So I had to squeeze it until it could fit. By the time I was done I was sweating so bad that you could of thought I just jumped in my pool. Nothing like sweat dripping in your eyes and can't wipe them :fm::lol:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread