Cluster/Car went Dark. Jumped 3 to 5 - No 41 fuel relay

LuckyFlyinROUSH

Established Member
Man...this is what I get for listening to youtube. I jumped relay number 41 for fuel pump. Pins 3 to 5. Zap. I thought I was being smart too, I tried to use a fused jumper.

(Trying to get what I think its bad gas out of my tank)

Whole cluster went dark. Door sills/rings around gauges light up when door is opened and closed.
Turn key on/off nothing happens.

What the hell did I fry?

2013 GT500

manny231988

Established Member
Starts by checking all your fuses inside and outside of the car you could've jumped something that wasn't suppose too, hope it's something as simple as this

Bad Company

Established Member
Without a wiring diagram of the relay you jumped that question will be hard to answer.

But since you've lost a lot of other functions of the car I'm going to assume that you jumped across the coil of the relay and not the switch portion of the relay. If this is what you did, you blew the fuse from the battery to that fuse box. With this fuse blown you've lost power to all the fuses in that box, 6 of which are for different functions of the Powertrain Control Module.

It has been a long while since I looked under my hood. If memory serves me there is a large red wire coming from the battery to the right rear corner of the box this is the main power supply to this fuse box. Check to see if it has 12 volts at the attachment point to the box. If not the fuse to this box is blown. The fuse is a high Amp fuse that you'll probably only get from a Ford dealer.

As far as draining fuel from the tank using the fuel pump relays. I don't believe you can do this in the manner you're trying. To my knowledge the PCM controls the fuel pumps using the fuel rail pressure switch. I don't think you can jump the fuel pump relays in these cars to drain fuel. And yes there are 2 relays for the fuel pumps in the tank, one at 41 and another at 44. You will need a tune for your SCT Tuner that is designed for draining the tank.

LuckyFlyinROUSH

Established Member
Thank you for the replys! Finally found the fuse. Number 26 in the up most part of the passenger footwell. 20A.
Fried. Replaced that and it all worked.

Got it. Youtube = Bad. Ask SVT = Good.

I'll get a fuel dump tune. Apparently I'm not as handy with cars as I used to be! Need to leave it to the professionals

Snoopy49

Established Member
There are 2 fuel pump relays in a 2013-14 GT500.
Relays 41 & 44

Fuel Pump Schematic 2013-14 GT500 2.jpg

2013-14 Battery Junction Box.jpg

Last edited:

Beercules

Established Member
Something similar happened to me this week. There's a fuse inside. The owners manual calls it ignition switch fuse or something like that. 20amp. Try that one.
Blow that one and you can't even read codes, it just goes into security limp mode.

Good fuse to know about, it will save a lot of diagnostic time.

Beercules

Established Member
Thank you for the replys! Finally found the fuse. Number 26 in the up most part of the passenger footwell. 20A.
Fried. Replaced that and it all worked.

Got it. Youtube = Bad. Ask SVT = Good.

I'll get a fuel dump tune. Apparently I'm not as handy with cars as I used to be! Need to leave it to the professionals

Sorry, didn't see that you already fixed it. That is the master fuse though! Shuts everything down!

Users who are viewing this thread