Clueless in a Bimmer

OhOneSnake

Let it melt......
Established Member
So I'm coming home from the video store (which had NOTHING new, cause of that blockbuster end of late fees, now everyone keeps the new releases for weeks on end) when I'm crusing along at 45, and going to pass this 80s BMW on Rt. 1. I don't even get even with him, and he guns it. So, I downshift, fly past him, and let off cause of traffic. He brakes later, nearly rear-ends the SUV in front of him, then hit his hazards (I think in Ricer land that means a win?)

Moron starts flashing the SUV with his high beams. Moron then squeezes by, opening up another break in traffic, so I ease on by (using a much bigger gap), and pull up alongside for a real race this time. Once again, Moron guns it before I even get alongside, let alone honk at him. Same story, I downshift, pass him, create a wider gap, and let off. Big suprise, Moron again gives me a ricer-flyby, and flashes the car he nearly hits with the high beams.

He slows down, rolls down his window, sticks his black hand (yup, he is black) out the window and gives me the brush off, like he is shaking off some dandruff, and pulls into a Car Audio parking lot, cutting off a lane of traffic to do so.

Now, I don't mean to seem racist. I know we have black members, and I'm sure they know how to drive, race, ect. They know that even street racing has SOME rules. With that in mind, those members seriously need to come to Maryland/D.C. area, and enlighten their brothers, because this story is all too common.

I've raced many a ricer, and EVEN THEY drive and race better than EVERY SINGLE BLACK GUY I've ever raced in this area. 80s Corvettes come to mind. I get alot of middle aged black guys trying to give me a run in them. Ricer flyby everytime after I beat em. I think the only way to get one to acknowledge a loss would be to keep it floored till they wreck or run out of gas.

Has anyone else experianced this? Am I alone? I just know I'm gonna get flamed by someone who can't read, and only sees that I said something bad about a black guy, but lets try to get some honest responses here.

OhOneSnake

Let it melt......
Established Member
I would like to add that I haven't seen this trend in other areas I've lived, such as California and Rhode Island/Mass.

Oh, big suprise, some people can't resist pulling the race card, and happily hand me a pointy white hat. Get over yourselves.

Cobra4pt6

Banned
ohonesnake, you're an idiot.......... come to san marcos, i'm black, and if we lined up, this black guy would hand you your ass......i don't wanna add insult to injury, but white guys in jacked up truck think they can run over anything, my buddy total his z71 after t-boning a lexus, guess his z71 wasn't big and bad after all.........

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
ohone you are the biggest racist here, after i saw "black guy", i had to post this

ahah j/k, me and my bro were in north part of the bay area (el sobrante) and this black guy all the sudden does a flyby in his old benz (80s 190e or something like that) we tried to get passed him and he kept blocking us driving like a maniac, im pretty sure we would have smoked his ass if he didnt swerve back & forth not letting us get side by side.
oh well, if it was the supra, that guy would have been f'n toast

OhOneSnake

Let it melt......
Established Member
Do I need to quote myself to point out why you're going down the wrong path on this thread, or can you read me again, and get over the racism you're reading into it.

I know I've seen another thread similar to this one before, and I know I saw SOME good arguments back and forth before the Race-Police rained on everyone's parade.

Stop crusading already. I was asking if this was a local problem or not. Like I said, I didn't see it in LA, or the Boston area.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
i was jk about the first part, and i have black relatives so i wouldnt put myself in the same category as kkk.

and if you think about it every race has bad drivers, specially asians.
and to put it above that asian women. :rolling:
bad drivers
#1 asian women
#2 foreign people driving in the U.S.
#3 asian/women
#4 every race
:lol1:

OhOneSnake

Let it melt......
Established Member
I agree that we all have our fair share of bad drivers, but I'm narrowing this down to peolpe who race. I think it might be a cultural difference at play here. Sometime, somewhere, someone taught all of us how to race. I doubt many of us just decided one day, with no influence, to race another car.

I just want to know where the disconnect is, that examples like the man who this thread started with never learned what to do, and what NOT to do.

If I left out every reference to this guy being black, I'd have 50 responses all calling him an idiot, ect.

Where are the rest of the people who can read it without feeling white-guilt?

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
ahha i might have 1 & 2 switched around.
specially if its asian women from a foreign country (not canada or europe)

cobradude

SVT DUDE
Established Member
Nothing to do with race!!!! He new he had nothing to race,he lost that was his way to keep his pride! Now you crossed the line with this statement. And you offended all of the brothers. Racing has no guidlines of color,just heart and wrenching are cars,to beat the other,but driving is the best skill,and I got all three,and I will race anybody,even a fine women in a lambo.

mlambert

camaro is hard to spell
Established Member
cobradude said:
He new he had nothing to race,he lost that was his way to keep his pride!

Wow you're ignorant, thats more racially offensive than what the thread starter said by far.

fre

Established Member
My dad does this all the time in whatever he is driving, including the minivan just to point out to the other driver that even though he outpowers him, he still won't get to point B faster. He will only do it occassionally, but it's funny how many cars he can run down in the beastly minivan lol. I have SUVs and minivans try to run me down when I pass them going fast on the interstate. One got off on the same exit as me. I purposely let him get RIGHT behind me before stepping on it and pretty much kept it around 100+ all the way home leaving him in my dust :) I only had 5 miles to go though. My dad will actually pull off the highway when he is out of sight of his followers and let them go by, not knowing he pulled over.

I usually don't care if they do the flyby because I am only racing to see for myself how I compare powerwise.

Smokinbago

MN Sports Fan!
Established Member
Dumb ass is a dumb ass it doesn't matter what race you belong.

I have lived in this area for a few years, and I have not experienced what you are talking about. BTW, if we happen to cross you won't have to wait for me to do my drive by because you will never be ahead of me. :pepper:
That statement was all in fun (you do know that we like to talk smack right) and don't be mislead into thinking that the numbers in my signature is the current setup. :-D

roadracer247

Established Member
Nice car...I think you should just get over it though. So what, the guy lost and acted like a fool...You won! That's all that matters. Im not even going to get into the race issue, it's a pointless argument because nobody is going to change the way you see things.

moonman

Established Member
fre said:
My dad does this all the time in whatever he is driving, including the minivan just to point out to the other driver that even though he outpowers him, he still won't get to point B faster. He will only do it occassionally, but it's funny how many cars he can run down in the beastly minivan lol. I have SUVs and minivans try to run me down when I pass them going fast on the interstate. One got off on the same exit as me. I purposely let him get RIGHT behind me before stepping on it and pretty much kept it around 100+ all the way home leaving him in my dust :) I only had 5 miles to go though. My dad will actually pull off the highway when he is out of sight of his followers and let them go by, not knowing he pulled over.

I usually don't care if they do the flyby because I am only racing to see for myself how I compare powerwise.

your dad is a ****ing idiot, he could kill somebody. tell him i said that.
because when you are the one laying dead in the street because someone was only "doing this occasionally" he might think differently.
goddamnit people think.
car = deadly weapon
your dad = moron with deadly weapon
he's like a guy shooting a gun into the air, he might not hit anyone now, but it's gonna happen.

330racing

SVT Poster Boy
Established Member
here we go again.... A guy with the 501whp Cobra who drives the speed limit everywhere.... yeah....I do that too. I often get passed by street cleaners and misc. old people in their electric wheelchairs.

Users who are viewing this thread