Clucking in rear of car

c0rn_fed

Established Member
Hey guys I need some help with figuring this out. I bought the car back in February and the dealer put the stock springs back in befor I picked it up because there was a little bit of a clucking in the rear end with the lowering springs in it. The cluck went away. So I put everything back in so it looked better on my welds and it is back now. I think they r steeda springs with steeda sway bars all around and the rear steeda sway bar heavy duty rear end links. What do u guys think it could be?

kw_rc

Established Member
Does it happen all the time or just going over bumps? Does it only happen when shifting gears?

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
I read the thread title and thought it was a typo of something I used to do in my younger days...

#ucking in the rear of the car.

Aaaaaaahhhhh the memories!

barspen

Established Member
I get a bad metal-to-metal noise when I back out of the driveway or go over humps. Convinced it's my springs. My FRPP springs were installed at the dealership without the rubber isolator around the coil (I think they were on the stock springs, but never transferred over??), so when the spring compresses, it makes a loud, annoying crunching sound. Trying to find a replacement coil spring isolator has been like looking for a Unicorn farm. Whiteline carries something that should work to wrap the springs...I hope to know in a few weeks.

Other things to check (in order) - Make sure everything it torqued to specs:
Bolt on the LCA's (and grease them if they have poly bushings)
Panhard bar and brace bolts (grease if poly)
Sway bar end-link bolts - Also might try Teflon tape when links and bar meet
Sway bar D-block bolts
UCA Bolts
Shock upper and lower bolts
Make sure lug nuts are torqued to 100ft/lbs

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Well, if there is a clucking in the rear, you might have a chicken back there.

I kid I kid! Might be worthwhile to mack sure everything is torqued, check to make sure spring is properly seated. See if you can have a friend jounce the rear end while you're underneath and see if you can isolate where in the rear its coming from.

Users who are viewing this thread