Cloud Storage? What do you use

Satyr

Established Member
Home server + Backups = amazing.

That's right. I have a ZFS file system through nas4free and have been running it for years without issue. Can lose half my drives at a time without actually losing any data, and I also have local and hard-media copies of anything important. Couple that with rsync and nightly backups and you have a very powerful, entirely local storage solution.

JasonSnake

Established Member
Triple copy all that stuff onto 3 DL blu-ray disks. Put one in safety deposit box, personal safe, and give a copy to a family member to hold. All set.

Home server + Backups = amazing.

Some of you guys are missing the point. If his devices get stolen, house set on fire, etc., he loses everything.

I like Satyr's idea, best for large media files like home videos and music - good idea for your data as well.

wht93gted

Established Member
Some of you guys are missing the point. If his devices get stolen, house set on fire, etc., he loses everything.

I like Satyr's idea, best for large media files like home videos and music - good idea for your data as well.

It's a good idea for old data to archive, but not constantly evolving or changing data. Every holiday, birthday, vacation will probably add more pictures or videos that need to be protected.

SVTContique

Monthly offsite backup would be a solution.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
I use actively use any, but have accounts with about everyone: dropbox, box, copy, Mega, and some chinese company that was offering 10 TB. Yeah, 10 TB. I can't understand a damn thing in their app, but it's like using the rest, so I can manage.

Users who are viewing this thread