Cloth or Vinyl vert top?

1989CobraMakeOv

mustangoholic
Established Member
It's time to replace my top... the cloth top is $200 more, should I pay that for it over the vinyl? What holds up better and is easier to clean?

thanks!

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Absolutely do it for $200 more. Cloth looks infinitely better. Vinyl is easier to clean, but that is about the only thing it has on a cloth top. You won't regret it.

Also, make sure that includes the back glass since the strip of fabric on that cannot be removed.

1989CobraMakeOv

mustangoholic
Established Member
Absolutely do it for $200 more. Cloth looks infinitely better. Vinyl is easier to clean, but that is about the only thing it has on a cloth top. You won't regret it.

Also, make sure that includes the back glass since the strip of fabric on that cannot be removed.

Does the cloth get dirtier quicker? Does it stain easy.

$1175 installed is that a good price for an Easy On top?

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
Does the cloth get dirtier quicker? Does it stain easy.

$1175 installed is that a good price for an Easy On top?

Lots of people pay that amount and sometimes more than that, but to me it does sound high.

Here is a shop that sells the complete cloth top for $489 includes top, rear glass with defrost.

For the vinyl tops complete with rear glass & defrost, they're $339

Tops On Line - Your Best Online Source For Automotive Tops and Upholstery Accessories

I suggest to call them and see if they have a recommended shop in your area that they work with.

BTW, the local shop they recommended to me, quote me a price of $125.00 to install the rear glass piece. Not bad for a professional installation job.

1989CobraMakeOv

mustangoholic
Established Member
Lots of people pay that amount and sometimes more than that, but to me it does sound high.

Here is a shop that sells the complete cloth top for $489 includes top, rear glass with defrost.

For the vinyl tops complete with rear glass & defrost, they're $339

Tops On Line - Your Best Online Source For Automotive Tops and Upholstery Accessories

I suggest to call them and see if they have a recommended shop in your area that they work with.

BTW, the local shop they recommended to me, quote me a price of $125.00 to install the rear glass piece. Not bad for a professional installation job.

Yea, I was looking on their and those prices seem reasonable. And the installer they recommended is asking $175 less to install it. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread