Closing in on 30k.

BK24

Copter Doctor
Established Member
Okee, Ill be rolling 30k miles in the next few weeks. Aside from changing my plugs and oil which I just did, what would you guys recommend maintenance wise I take care of on my '99? She's still all stock.

Mach0ne351

Established Member
fuel filter, oil filter, check the brakes, air filter, oil, plugs, tire thread and PSI...i think that is alll :)

marek

SpittinVenom

Established Member
I changed my fuel filter a couple of weeks ago (showing 52k but 4.10's and uncorrected speedo its prolly more like 45k) anyway, man was that a bitch! But when I finnaly got it out the fuel coming out was almost black.

green99_svt

Established Member
BK24 said:
Okee, Ill be rolling 30k miles in the next few weeks. Aside from changing my plugs and oil which I just did, what would you guys recommend maintenance wise I take care of on my '99? She's still all stock.

change the coolant along with all other fluids. and filters

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
Tear it down...put in forged goodies...put on a blower or a 250 shot of nitrous...

Tell your S/O that Mustangs require that kind of work at 30K mileage. It's in the owner's manual :D

green99_svt

Established Member
hatsharpener said:
I always like to change the hoses for peace of mind too when I change the coolant.

changing hoses may be a little too far but i would deffinetly inspect them. make sure when inspecting that you squeeze them and feel for any weak spots.

BK24

Copter Doctor
Established Member
lemosley01 said:
Tear it down...put in forged goodies...put on a blower or a 250 shot of nitrous...

Tell your S/O that Mustangs require that kind of work at 30K mileage. It's in the owner's manual :D

You want my address to mail the money to me :)

BK24

Copter Doctor
Established Member
Thanks for the info guys.
On the coolant change, Anyone use the jiffy lube type places to get a flush done?

green99_svt

Established Member
BK24 said:
Thanks for the info guys.
On the coolant change, Anyone use the jiffy lube type places to get a flush done?

go to ford buy 2 gallons of gold premium coolant. drain radiator and the block and refill the gold is the best jiffy lubes use crappy coolant with low corrosion inhibitors.

themadgmkillr

99 Cobra...Yeah Baby..!!
Established Member
NO..!! DO NOT LET JIFFY LUBE FLUSH IT...what a hoax...do it right, and protect your investment...just do what green99 said...drain it and fill it with premium coolant...as long as you do it every 30k...you'll be fine...I would also do the fuel filter

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW THE COOLANT REPLACEMENT PROCESS EXACTLY!!!

If you don't, you'll end up w/ air pockets in the coolant system which will cause serious over-heating problems! The short of it is, you'll need to make sure you "burp"all of the air out of the system.

BK24

Copter Doctor
Established Member
The bottles don't say how to empty the block out. Do I need to buy a flush kit? I know I've seen then at Wal-Mart before.

Users who are viewing this thread