Closest track??

RedlineNSX

Banned
hey, im new to cali. im going to school in san diego (usd) and i was wondering a few things. one- anyone here from san diego and two- do you know where the nearest track is? i would love to go but i have no idea where one is. (i dont have a car but dont mind shelling out the cash for a trolley ticket or cab ride) thanks!! :burnout:

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Hmm, don't know how you're gonna get out there, but you are near a track. Carlsbad Raceway is off of Palomar Airport Rd. a few miles east of the 5 fwy. They run on Saturdays at 11 am. They also do some sort of racing on Sundays, but I don't know what time.

Venomous Mofo

You have Carlsbad which is truely the worse track ive ever been to in my life.. You also have the new 1/8th track in Borona which is open Wed night and Sat Night. Then there's street legal racers at Qualcomm Stadium.

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
I think it's a little 1/8th mile track they set up in the parking lot of the stadium.

C-bad does suck, but you'll see some pretty quick cars there.

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
C-Bad is like a scene out of the movie Deliverance.
You expect to hear banjo sounds coming from the bushes (and there are a lot of bushes)...

But that's where Juan and I both ran our 12.36s in our Cobras,
and we had other Cobras running 12.4s, 12.5s, 12.6s so WE LOVE IT!!!
JW:burnout:

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
Carlsbad is a hardcore racers track, not a RICER track. If you want to see and be seen, LACR or Qualcomm.

If you want to learn to drag race, Carlsbad is the place.

Allan, James, Pat and Dave, how many runs did you each get in?

stang99

I can't knock C-Bad based upon my last trip there since the people were all very nice and it was not crowded. I ran a better number at Famoso with less mods, but, C-Bad was still faster than LACR. Fontana may also be a good fast strip now that they resurfaced it, but it is definitely crowded most of the time. Perhaps a Fontana invasion is indicated? jhwalker is correct about C-Bad being rustic. It does sort of grow on you though.

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Sal's is 10/12.

Fontana two weeks later? Are they running every weekend?
Invasions are fun :eek: Nothing like 6-10 Cobras and a couple of hot Lightnings all rolling in together. :burnout:
JW

Users who are viewing this thread