close to MSRP yet?

svt4cobra6

I checked with my local dealer (1 in stock), still want 20k over MSRP, just wondering if anyone knows when they will go for MSRP, possibly another year.

POINTCOVER

Established Member
Thats hard to predict. Basic supply and demand, these cars are still in demand and are selling quickly. The average ADM is about 10K.

20K over is crazy, keep looking around. If you really want one, be prepared to pay an ADM. I personally don't see these cars at MSRP, at least for another year.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
I was quoted "7500 over MSRP" for an 08 allocation last week in PA.
That is the loweest I have encountered so far. This is from a dealer who swore they would never take less than 20 over. I passed however because I know they will hit MSRP sooner than later.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
svt4cobra66 said:
I checked with my local dealer (1 in stock), still want 20k over MSRP, just wondering if anyone knows when they will go for MSRP, possibly another year.

i have a buddy who just became part owner of gaudin i believe. he told me they sold their last gt500 at 13k over. there was another that just posted from vegas and i think he paid 65k.

svt4cobra6

thanks for the replies. Sounds like that one in louisiana is a deal! Will probably have to wait a year or so until they are around MSRP locally.

1bad04cobra

Established Member
svtdriven said:
they are still asking for 25k over msrp at Sterling ford in virginia.
Sterling ford is a joke! Back in 03 they were like the last dealer in the area to let go of the markup.I'd never buy from them.But there are dealers like that all over,you just have to find the right one, imo

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
hixon ford is about 90 miles from me. sure would like to know if this is a gt500 or not, most of the dealers around here (south louisiana) want 10 over that i've talked to. all acess lock, have you seen this car?

PbFoot

Established Member
1bad04cobra said:
Sterling ford is a joke! Back in 03 they were like the last dealer in the area to let go of the markup.I'd never buy from them.But there are dealers like that all over,you just have to find the right one, imo

Don't forget that Sterling Ford is the closest one to the Ferarri dealership in Ashburn, AOL, MCI (now Verizon) and tons of Internet and beltway bandit companies. They just know their market demographics.

I gave up on DC area stealerships and am looking in poorer areas for a reasonable deal.

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
Just keep looking..all these posts are useless...its been over a year now with people waiting for MSRP.......if you dont want to pay..then keep waiting..its gonna happen...but it is cool that it has taken so long. Just an awesome mustang!!! If you cant find one yet and want one..just pay the piper already!

poopeater

Established Member
The best deal I've found locally is $53465 for a brand new alloy metallic coupe. That's a $10k markup, and it still hasn't sold (been on the market at least a month).

There is a used alloy coupe on ebay right now for $51200 with 185 miles. 2 days still left on the auction, too.

Based on that ebay auction, the $10k markup on the brand new one doesn't look all that bad. I'm getting closer and closer to just saying "screw it", heading down there, and buying it.

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
poopeater said:
The best deal I've found locally is $53465 for a brand new alloy metallic coupe. That's a $10k markup, and it still hasn't sold (been on the market at least a month).

There is a used alloy coupe on ebay right now for $51200 with 185 miles. 2 days still left on the auction, too.

Based on that ebay auction, the $10k markup on the brand new one doesn't look all that bad. I'm getting closer and closer to just saying "screw it", heading down there, and buying it.

Hang in there, there are 495 07's sitting on lots right now. The 08 will hit the market shortly. There are only so many people willing to pay 5-20K over sticker. I think by this fall the prices will drop. I've already had dealers calling me trying to get me to buy one for 10K less than they first quoted me.
These cars are not moving near as fast as they did just 1 month ago.
My 2 cents.
Remember, Mopar and GM have their cars hitting the market soon, it will no longer be a one pony show! Good luck with whatever you do.:beer:

Tim

Fastfords

Established Member
LR 01 Cobra is right. Do not give Dan Grubb the pleasure of selling their car for that. It has been there for at least two months now and they still can't find a buyer. On the other hand, if you have to buy it, talk to Regan. He is in the fleet department. I had a fleet service who has bought around 200 vehicles from that dealer in the last year try to get the car for me. They would not take less than 10k over. Crazy people.

What color car would you prefer?

Users who are viewing this thread