Clock spring

shelbygt500_897hp

Established Member
I need a clock spring for my new 2001 F150 lightning and they’re hard to come by. So I had the dealership that I retired from do a nationwide search and I found three dealers that had them in stock. The first dealer called had one and he’s holding it for me and will ship it to me on Monday.

The other two dealerships I did not call but if somebody needs a clock spring for the F150 lightning p.m. me and I’ll give you the phone number of the other two stores that have them in stock.

shelbygt500_897hp

Established Member
Funny thing happened to my truck today. Took it into my dealership that I retired from and had the second key and fob programmed, and when they brought the truck back the guy clicked the key fob to make sure that I knew it was working and the horn honkEd. If you read any of my past posts, you’ll notice that the horn was not working and trying to source a clock spring for it.

Now it blows it blows fine but it’s only horn, the high pitch one.

do I still order the clock spring or what’s going on here. Need the forums infinite wisdom

hotcobra03

Established Member
Horn works again as normal,

Wiring diagram shows both high and low pitch on same circuit,
So it would most likely be a bad horn or wire/connector

shelbygt500_897hp

Established Member

ok, have a visit to the dealer next week might be worth buying a new horn Assembly, if it isn’t that I can always return it to autozone

thank you !

shelbygt500_897hp

Established Member

Once the original horn started to work after I had a key and second fob programed(albeit just one horn was working), the replacement horn came in and I put it on and works fine.

I have an appointment next Friday but may change it to getting my OEM knuckles and springs and rear leaf springs from hotchkis installed in lieu of my horn which is no longer a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread