Climate control only blows on Hi

The Shermanator

Gaming Guru
Established Member
My whole system seems to be having this problem. Air will not blow from any vents unless my knob is in the hi position. This is on Max A/C all the way over to Defrost, no airflow unless it's on high. Anyone know of possible causes/remedies?

Sh!tstang

Established Member
My whole system seems to be having this problem. Air will not blow from any vents unless my knob is in the hi position. This is on Max A/C all the way over to Defrost, no airflow unless it's on high. Anyone know of possible causes/remedies?

It should be the blower motor resistor. It's located under the dash on passenger side next to the blower motor. There is two bolts holding it and there is some wires plugged into it. I think I got mine from local auto store..

The Shermanator

Gaming Guru
Established Member
Thanks fellas. I went out and pulled the old one and sure enough, looks like shit, even broken off on one part. I took the liberty of taking some pictures of the old vs new one.

1pic.gif

3pic.gif

IMG_1588.gif

You can see the broken part to the left. The resistor part is tucked under where it was broken off at so it looks fixed. The rust completely ate through it.
2pic.gif

Users who are viewing this thread