Clicking clutch pedal on Shelby

T.O.Snake

Established Member
Don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but maybe 2 months ago, my clutch pedal developed an issue where it "clicks" a few times as you step on or release it. Was perfectly smooth before, but then just one day started doing it. It's not a major issue by any means, but I'm just not fond of feeling and hearing the soft clicks.

Anyone know what might be causing it, and whether there's some adjustment that can be made? Not too familiar with the hydraulic clutch on this car vs. the cable clutch on my old 04 cobra.

Thanks for any advice.

mullens

Established Member
Perfectly normal. It's the sensor that prevents starting unless the clutch is depressed.

9900blueoval

Established Member
yeah noticed that also on my 2010 doesnt sound bad just annoying!but i am noticing that the cylinder is leaking in the bell housing !!has anyone gotten this issue resolved under warranty and do they do clutch also because of contamination??THANX in advance

T.O.Snake

Established Member
So any way to "correct" it? As I said, the issue was non-existent for the first 3k miles or so, then one day it just started. It's more annoying than anything - I'd just like a completely smooth clutch engagement back.

mullens

Established Member
Nope..if you take it in they will tell you it's normal. Maybe they'll spray some WD on it to make you feel better. It has nothing to do with clutch operation per se. Both of my GT500's had it. No big deal..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread