clicking/cluncking sound when slipping clutch in 1st…???

5_0coyote

Established Member
well hello guys i have a little problem clicking/cluncking sound when slipping clutch in 1st and when starting the car and when idling.. Sound is coming from the clutch and tranny.. shifting perfectly new TOB and centfroce clutch but just makes that clicking/cluncking noise the worst is when slipping the clutch in 1st… oh and when ever i start in 1st more aggressive the clutch gets burned easy.. friend has a 2014 5.0 and he slips his clutch longer with higher rpm and his clutch don't get burned as easy as mine :( and here is a link to the clip of the clicking/cluncking noise. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPH5VdE53mc

ForceFedFan

Established Member
I have the same issue. I just bought my first Terminator about 3 weeks ago. I knew it needed a clutch so I made it the first thing I did to the car. Like yours, mine had a clunk when shifting into first and I attributed it to the clutch. I installed a new Fidanza aluminum flywheel, Spec stage 3+ w/ light pedal option and billet aluminum pressure plate, Ford Racing pilot and throwout bearings, and a Lethal Performance billet throwout retainer sleeve. Upon reassembly I was disappointed to find that the clunk had not disappeared. After doing a little googling it seems to be an inherant problem with the T56 and its internals. I originally thought the clutch was not totally disengaging when I depressed the clutch in. Turns out that wasn't the case.

5_0coyote

Established Member
I couldn't tell much from your video. Is the clunk when you shift it into first when the car is at idle/stationary or when you're letting off the clutch to leave from a stop?

Not talking about the cobra clunck aim taking about the rattling sound and yes its out of gear in the vid.,

Users who are viewing this thread