ClearKote Users..!!

themadgmkillr

99 Cobra...Yeah Baby..!!
Established Member
just a simple question...I don't want to spend $500 on all the products or use a 18 step process to clean my car........now I wash my car monthly, and have heard great things about Clearkote, and I just want 1 or 2 products to use after I wash...which product compares to the wax I use after I wash now...and whats the order of use for all thier stuff...??

would the Carnuba and Quikshine be right for me, or is it recommended to use something else...which product is getting all the hype...?!?!

Thanks,

spree

Established Member
That would be Carnauba Moose Wax.

You wouldn't be spending $500 for the whole shebang though. Let's see...

Porter Cable: $110
Scott's Lake Country Pad Kit $50
Clearkote Killer Combo $36
SSR1 $13
SSR2.5 $13
Clay $15

Total: $237

Result: Priceless

09-26-04_05.jpg

Black99L

SVT FAN!
Established Member
SSR1 $13
SSR2.5 $13
Clay $15

That pic looks awesome! Where can I find all these products? Thanks.

RoadZOmbie

Established Member
spree said:
That would be Carnauba Moose Wax.

You wouldn't be spending $500 for the whole shebang though. Let's see...

Porter Cable: $110
SSR1 $13
SSR2.5 $13
Clay $15

Result: Priceless

09-26-04_05.jpg

that looks so f*cking nice....but seeing we live in L.A. ....this time of year...the rain will mess everything up... :cuss:
but damn thats nice....can you send me more pics to "[email protected]"

spree

Established Member
i'll just post em up here...

Yes, the rain takes off a bit of wax, but it's better to have a coat of wax than none. Just gotta detail more frequently :)

09-26-04_01.jpg

09-26-04_02.jpg

09-26-04_03.jpg

09-26-04_04.jpg

themadgmkillr

99 Cobra...Yeah Baby..!!
Established Member
just got my Killer Combo and a few extras, any tips or just wash n wax as usual...kit claims I'll use less than an ounce per was job..??..really..????..

blowngt

Established Member
themadgmkillr said:
just got my Killer Combo and a few extras, any tips or just wash n wax as usual...kit claims I'll use less than an ounce per was job..??..really..????..
Are you doing this by hand or machine??? Follow the directions on the SSR and do a section at a time. You'll be amazed on how easy this process is compared to other products.

Make sure and get some before and after shots, you'll be pleasently surprised!!

PDubs

Established Member
Be careful with the SSR. Doesn't take much pressure and use the appropriate applicator. I have had to learn the hard way.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
PDubs said:
Be careful with the SSR. Doesn't take much pressure and use the appropriate applicator. I have had to learn the hard way.

What do you mean to much pressure? Are you saying with a the Porter Cable you pressed down on it and rec'd bad results? Or did you just let it go over lightly and that cause issues?

PDubs

Established Member
Hand waxing: I think I used the incorrect applicator (non-foam) and too much pressure (I did push down hard at times), resulting in many, many, MANY swirl scrathes. Seemed to turn the SSR (Super Swirl Remover 2.5) into a swirl inducer. I used the SSR --> Vanilla Glaze --> Carnuba Moose and was pissed with the results after coming from Zaino.

However, as a testament to the products, and after seeing someone on this board post his swirl marks before and after pics using ClearKote, I went back to the same order but followed the SSR instructions to a t. This time, same order, same amount, but I used the correct pressure (very light) and applicator (the included foam pad) and most/all of the swirl scratches are now gone.

Bottom line: I think I am the only one that ran into this problem, and I take full responsibility for it. You will be pleased with the results, as I was able to go back over and correct my mistakes today with only one coat of each product! I did it during bright sunshine, and you could see immediate changes. There have been people using PC and had no issues, but I have no idea how to wax other than the manual way.

themadgmkillr

99 Cobra...Yeah Baby..!!
Established Member
don't want to ask a dumb question but what are people using this SSR for when most of these cars look immaculate, I mean I would never think of using a scratch remover due to the fact I have none to begin with...

Users who are viewing this thread