clearence question with aeromotive rails and coolant crossover

pacific4v

Established Member
20130507_204917_zps2cc4d8a7.jpg

I had this problem when I first put the rails and vortech on a couple years ago and used a 90° pipe fitting but I switched to a bigger return line and I don't wanna use a pipe fitting again. Basically I have the return line coming out the front of the rails and the fitting is hitting the coolant crossover on the passenger side. I have a -8 male union fitting on the rail and a 45° hose end connected to it. The crossover was dented in at the spot when I got it used and it sits right against the crossover now. Anyone else run into this? What fitting did u use that sealed up and cleared the crossover? I had a male to female 90° fitting on the rail but it doesn't have a lip on the side that threads into the rail so it won't seal up. I was thinkinh of just getting the coolant crossover delete from mmr but if I don't have to spend over $200 I won't.

Helomech74

Established Member
I use the XRP Ultra low profile ORB fittings. They are pricey, but they work perfectly for this situation. I know they make a regular low profile one as well and it's not as expensive, but I'm not sure if it will clear or not. Here is a link to the ones I use: http://www.cpperformance.com/p-26597-90-degree-non-swivel-an-flare-to-an-o-ring-boss-low-profile.aspx

Here's a link to the other one, not as low profile, but should work and it's less expensive: http://www.cpperformance.com/p-26596-90-degree-non-swivel-an-flare-to-an-o-ring-boss.aspx

Last edited:

pacific4v

Established Member
I use the XRP Ultra low profile ORB fittings. They are pricey, but they work perfectly for this situation. I know they make a regular low profile one as well and it's not as expensive, but I'm not sure if it will clear or not. Here is a link to the ones I use: 90 Degree Non-Swivel AN Flare to AN O-Ring Boss

Here's a link to the other one, not as low profile, but should work and it's less expensive: 90 Degree Non-Swivel AN Flare to AN O-Ring Boss - CP Performance

I ordered the cheaper one u posted and I think that's gonna work perfectly. Thanks for the responses guys!

Users who are viewing this thread