Cleared my corner lenses.

Aniversarysnake

Established Member
It wasn't that hard really and I bought spare lights just in case.

pics are kinda bad I'll post better ones later.

DSC02401.gif

DSC02396.gif

one with the lights on, the bulbs are stealts. they look silver but light up amber.
DSC02394.gif

DSC02403.gif

DSC02389.gif
:rockon:

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
Looks sweet! How hard was it? I remember seeing all kinds of threads where they cut the light and pull the amber out, you do the same process?

phatfunk

Established Member
Clearing out your corners is a rather simple process known as "baking" in the import scene. You can either buy new clear corners or if you'd rather not spend money, you can simply take your stock lights out (including the casing/housing), put the entire thing in your oven (hence the term 'baking') and allow the heat to melt the adhesive on the housing of the light. You then pry the clear housing off of the light. You now have access to the inside of the light and can replace the bulb and/or take out the orange- tinted pieces out. Reseal the clear housing back on with silicone, let it dry/harden, and put the light back on your car. That's just one way of doing it.

Boktoe

How You Love That.
Established Member
phatfunk said:
Clearing out your corners is a rather simple process known as "baking" in the import scene. You can either buy new clear corners or if you'd rather not spend money, you can simply take your stock lights out (including the casing/housing), put the entire thing in your oven (hence the term 'baking') and allow the heat to melt the adhesive on the housing of the light. You then pry the clear housing off of the light. You now have access to the inside of the light and can replace the bulb and/or take out the orange- tinted pieces out. Reseal the clear housing back on with silicone, let it dry/harden, and put the light back on your car. That's just one way of doing it.
I would never stick my head light into an oven, thats ricer talk.
The reflecter is only held on by a little bit of glue.
Pry it open and tap the reflector loose.
Here is a how to...
http://www.fnsweet.com/garage/clears.shtml

JerseyGT

Jerseys Finest Ttop
Established Member
thats sweet man. looks awsome, I'm gettin the clear lenses for my 5oh pretty soon.

tyrbrnr

Drink Beer !
Established Member
or you could spend 120 bucks on ebay and buy aftermarket ones that are clear .....your call ... personally im not in to baking in with my car parts

Users who are viewing this thread