Clearcoat????

torquemonster

Established Member
Hey guys, my K member had some light surface rust on it where the powdercoat paint chipped off, so i cleaned the rust off, now i am wondering where to get clearcoat to put on, and if any you have suggested brands? any help is appreciated, thanks.

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
A nice rustoleum paint will do a decent job of protecting your metal. Clearcoat is nice for the exterior because it is less expensive to polish and wax to get rid of scratches rather than repaint the entire car.

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
torquemonster said:
I thought clearcoat would protect it...no?
It will, but it seems like overkill. Rustolem like sur_real1 said is your best bet, unless you do a lot of car shows and there's something you're trying to highlight under the car.

torquemonster

Established Member
REX-RACER said:
It will, but it seems like overkill. Rustolem like sur_real1 said is your best bet, unless you do a lot of car shows and there's something you're trying to highlight under the car.

no, no car shows, just want to keep the rust off and away.... i'll try that rustolem, thanks guys:beer:
Where can i get Rustolem? at schucks or hardware stores?

Last edited:

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
Either True Value, Lowes, or Home Depot would have it. Schucks might have some, but probably not the selection a large hardware store would have. Try the true value in west seattle, they have an awesome paint section.

torquemonster

Established Member
thanks corey :beer: Hows your cobra been? you organized any meets or cruises latley? I need to get back on stangnet, havent been on there in a while...

Users who are viewing this thread