Clear headlights on your cobra

y2kpony

Established Member
My previous mustang was a 2000 gt that came stock with clear/ not smoked headlights. I prefer the smoked ones my cobra has on it but was curious if any of you guys switched for a different look?

SPEEDRACER88

I didn't pick your car
Established Member
Put smoked ones on and couldn't see at night... found these on ebay and like them better

005-1.jpg

1999 2004 Ford Mustang Euro Black Crystal Head Lights 8 LED Fog Lamps | eBay

mnewxcv

Established Member
he means the chrome as opposed to dark grey housings I think, like 99-00 mustangs came with

jblood37

Established Member
I've seen them on a cobra before and I didn't think it looked good. To each his own though. My car came with some crappy aftermarket clear ones and I replaced them with oem.

cj428mach

Established Member
There was a guy selling his sonic blue car a few months back with clear headlights. You might do a search in the for sale section.

y2kpony

Established Member
There was a guy selling his sonic blue car a few months back with clear headlights. You might do a search in the for sale section.

Yeah I can check there. I think it would be a different look with the more aggressive front bumper cover. Plus it would match well with the fog lights.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
On my SM, the clear headlights look great. Some of us aren't fans of that whole smoked/tinted/blacked-out thing. The '99 headlights actually go quite well and project a bit more light, so don't be afraid to try them if you can score a nice set. New from Ford, they are double the price of the smoked-lens housings.

2013-08-10135810_zpsf77b2578.jpg

Last edited:

Stage 4.6

Established Member
I have both styles Clears on my wife's 99Gt and a set of blackout on my Cobra. I like the aggressive look of the black out headlight's but even with the HIDs they suck at night

NewDuuude

Established Member
Just looked at pics of my old 99 with clears,

I vote no.

Didnt notice them at the time, but the stock ones on the cobra are so much better looking.

y2kpony

Established Member
On my SM, the clear headlights look great. Some of us aren't fans of that whole smoked/tinted/blacked-out thing. The '99 headlights actually go quite well and project a bit more light, so don't be afraid to try them if you can score a nice set. New from Ford, they are double the price of the smoked-lens housings.

P1030541_zps609352c1.jpg

The clear lights really stand out on your car. Even if this thread wasn't about those I would have definitely noticed them. Looks nice. Still not sure how they would look on screaming yellow.

Stage 4.6

Established Member
They look clean on some cars! my wife's 35th anniv. edition is white and has the clears and it looks good! I've had the blackouts on hers as well. I went back to the clear style

Vault101

I think I got these from Pro Tuning Lab for about $100. I just threw some extra silicone on them for any condensation potential they might of had. They look great and really changed the front end. I didn't mind the yellow Sidemarkers, but the lights that were on the car were in terrible shape so I opted for these.

7enytu8a.jpg

vadysere.jpg

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
I think I got these from Pro Tuning Lab for about $100. I just threw some extra silicone on them for any condensation potential they might of had. They look great and really changed the front end. I didn't mind the yellow Sidemarkers, but the lights that were on the car were in terrible shape so I opted for these.

7enytu8a.jpg

vadysere.jpg

Down here in the Sunshine State, plastic headlights are almost disposable. I've had both clear lights with amber corners and smoked with clear corners and I like both.

I really like the smoked lenses with clear corners. But the build quality of these aftermarket lenses is disappointing. The adjusters barely work, the twist on headlight bulb retainers are difficult and the beam pattern is nowhere near the quality of the factory lenses. Part of it is scattered and there are also hot spots.

Unlike the smoked option for 87-93 aftermarket lenses, the 99-04 smoked lights are much more subtle. Most people couldn't tell the difference.

The smoked ones do a better job at concealing UV haze and imperfections though.

After having smoked lights for the past few years, I think I'm gonna go back to clear lights until the next time. I'm going back to a stock, "it hasn't been messed with" look.

There are certain colors that look especially good with smoked lenses like Black, grey, red and orange. There are some colors that look good with clear lenses as well.

cj428mach

Established Member
I was searching the net for Sonic Blue Cobras (I can't help it I'm addicted) and came across the car.

e7dd330.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread