Clear corners/bulbs/fogs?

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
YES! Search happened.

After searching, all the old ebay links are dead. So I was wondering if anyone had some recent experience getting clear corners and where. Also, one of the threads I pulled up had a link for stealth bulbs posted up (Stealth Bulbs - Chrome/mirror turn signal bulbs look silver but flash amber when lit - Stealth Auto), anyone else have experience with these? LSUstang05 (might have the name slightly wrong there) said good things, so I don't see why not, just curious if anyone else went that route, since Chris Nelson is long and gone.:whine:

Last thing, I feel stupid asking because I not only had a link, but have ordered these before, but have since lost everything in relation to the whole deal, but where do you 99/00 guys buy your clear fogs? I know it's the late 80's fox body fogs, but does anyone go anywhere specific and with good experiences?

Thanks in advance guys.:beer:

spazzyfry123

Oh Snap!
Established Member
These are the fog lights I'm running on mine...

MUSTANG 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 FOG DRIVING LIGHTS HALO*FX:eBay Motors (item 260385780614 end time Jun-28-09 07:20:16 PDT)

Fog lights for a Fox body with a halo ring around them for that extra pimp factor...:dw:

P1010044.jpg

I had to do a little bit of trimming on the mounting bracket to get them to fit correctly, but they work quite well!

N A Rush

Established Member
YES! Search happened.
Also, one of the threads I pulled up had a link for stealth bulbs posted up (Stealth Bulbs - Chrome/mirror turn signal bulbs look silver but flash amber when lit - Stealth Auto), anyone else have experience with these?

Kid,

These look like repackaged Silver Stars at a slightly marked up price.
You should be able to pick Silver Stars at your local auto parts store, I believe I got mine at both Advance and AutoZone. They are 3157's. IIRC, I didnt pay over $20. Hope that helps!

MJG

Established Member
I do have clear corners with the Stealth bulbs.
They are great, don't stand out and blend right in during daylight, when you turn your lights on, they become amber, making it all safe and legal. I would recommend them.

N A Rush

Established Member
Here is some information from the Sylvania website on the corners:

SilverStar® Signal Lighting gives you the crisp, clean styling of progressive clear lens signal lighting design and produces 100% street legal amber light when lit. Sparkling iridescent blue lamps eliminate the orange glow of amber signal lights.
FnDocIdDisplay.asp

You can see the difference in style with SilverStar Signal lights compared to standard amber signal lights. Eliminate "the fried egg effect" and get the crisp, clean look with SilverStar signal lights.
FnDocIdDisplay.asp

LSUstang05

Established Member
Looks like the stealth bulbs and the silverstars are the same thing. The only difference is the stealth have the silver coating so there will be no color reflection when turned off. The silverstars may have some blue reflection (probably very little if any).

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
Thanks for all the replies fellas.

I'll go to the local auto parts stores around town and check to see if they have the silver stars. If it's slightly blue I'll be able to tell in person if it'll stand out too much or not; if they do I can go for the stealth bulbs.

I got my fox body fogs from Home for your Ford Mustang @ Blue Oval Industries. Splice your old harness to them and mount, no trimming necessary.

I'm glad you posted that, because I'm pretty sure that's where I got my last pair from.

So does anyone have a recommendation for a place to go for clear corners?

ViciousJay

Established Member
I do have clear corners with the Stealth bulbs.
They are great, don't stand out and blend right in during daylight, when you turn your lights on, they become amber, making it all safe and legal. I would recommend them.

have them and love them!!! the pice is a bit much but its worth it

Users who are viewing this thread