Clear Coating Tail Lights?

Red-GT500

Needs More Torque!
Established Member
Just curious if any of you guys have thought about doing this to your tail lights? I did the 13 conversion on my 11 a few months back and the stock tail lights look great but after every wash i can see more and more swirl marks. I figured if i was to take them off and lightly sand them with 1500 and apply a few coats of clear then buff that they would be far more durable to the overall wear and tear of washing. And this might get rid of the swirl marks that are already there.

Thoughts?
:beer:

MrUnsubtleNinja

Established Member
Just curious if any of you guys have thought about doing this to your tail lights? I did the 13 conversion on my 11 a few months back and the stock tail lights look great but after every wash i can see more and more swirl marks. I figured if i was to take them off and lightly sand them with 1500 and apply a few coats of clear then buff that they would be far more durable to the overall wear and tear of washing. And this might get rid of the swirl marks that are already there.

Thoughts?
:beer:

I was thinking of taking my car to a body shop and getting the rear deck panel done in a satin clear coat as well as the taillights..

I plasti-dipped mine last year matte but I think a semi gloss would look better than purely matte..

I think it would definitely protect it... :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread