Clear coat on brake calipers

StStang0702

SVT Poster
Established Member
maybe you guys can help me out, im using the G2 brake caliper paint kit on my calipes and i want to put a couple coats of clear on them to make them have a little more shine, do i need to use a HIGH HEAT/TEMP clear coat? and what brand is the best or have you seen most commonly...thanks for your help in advance

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Are you not happy with the gloss of the G2? It's pretty glossy on it's own, kinda like appliance/epoxy paint.

But, Eastwood Diamond Clear Extreme would be worth looking into. Any standard automotive "clear coat" will fail relatively quickly if it sees any real brake heat.

Eds01Lightning

Established Member
I painted my calipers (black to match paint) and installed SVT LIGHTNING decal kit from Stick-it Design...then cleared over them. Has held up well for several years now!:thumbsup:

100_0058-1.jpg

STG

Banned
maybe you guys can help me out, im using the G2 brake caliper paint kit on my calipes and i want to put a couple coats of clear on them to make them have a little more shine, do i need to use a HIGH HEAT/TEMP clear coat? and what brand is the best or have you seen most commonly...thanks for your help in advance

You don't need high temperature clear coat for your front calipers. You do not drive fast enough or stop hard enough to heat up your brakes.

BlueVenom01

Established Member
on the subject painted calipers...what works well to remove grease and grime but won't remove the paint? this stuff just will not wipe off with a wet or dry rag. thanks for any input.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
on the subject painted calipers...what works well to remove grease and grime but won't remove the paint? this stuff just will not wipe off with a wet or dry rag. thanks for any input.

I used Brakleen...

When I painted mine, I used Duplicolor high temp for the primer, touch up paint spray and Duplicolor clear. It held up great, even through half a track day at Texas World Speedway...Until my pads went metal-to-metal and baked the paint :cuss:

115.gif

Users who are viewing this thread