clear bra on mystichrome

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Very hard to show clay bar action. Its just removing all the grit you cant see. Very important step no matter the color though. Really pays off after you wax the car.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
It'll be difficult to see clear bra in a picture. I would try to find someone local with "any" car and see how clear bra looks in person.

whiplash306

Established Member
Tank5879 said:
any one have pics????
Go for it...if done properly, you CAN'T see it unless you're right on top of it. Even then, you can only see the edge of the bra, which looks like an even line across the hood. Again, if done properly, they are the PERFECT mod to keep your beast looking GREAT! We've got it on our Comp. Orange Mach I and have NO regrets....

Talus

LookingThroughAWideAngle
Established Member
paint changes color over time due to oxidation. ever wonder if the car's nose will be a different color when you peel it off after a few years?

whiplash306

Established Member
Talus said:
paint changes color over time due to oxidation. ever wonder if the car's nose will be a different color when you peel it off after a few years?
Well, hopefully the car spends a large amt of time in the garage. If not though, that's a good question. We've had the bra on for a little more than a year now and NO problems.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
whiplash306 said:
Go for it...if done properly, you CAN'T see it unless you're right on top of it. Even then, you can only see the edge of the bra, which looks like an even line across the hood. Again, if done properly, they are the PERFECT mod to keep your beast looking GREAT! We've got it on our Comp. Orange Mach I and have NO regrets....

How much did it cost you to have put on?

ramirezGT

Ricky Bobby
Established Member
Talus said:
So couldnt you just take it off every once in a while to keep it from changing color????:smmon:

thorco3

Established Member
any body have a link to a good place to buy this sorta stuff. I would like to put some on my rear bumper to help keep it from getting rock chipped and such...

Tank5879

Established Member
Talus said:

i thought of this.....and that these things allegedly "yellow" after alot of years...the car is hardly used and always garaged and has about 10 coats of zaino on it at all times so Im not to worried about that..Im worried more about if i want to take it off if there is residue left behind and if it is more noticible with the color change that it is there

yellowbra

Established Member
with those bra's your supposed to take them off everytime you get a carwash. If you don't wash it often enough just take it off everytime you park it in the garage. Overtime it WILL change the color of your paint so might as well prevent that.

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
yellowbra said:
with those bra's your supposed to take them off everytime you get a carwash. If you don't wash it often enough just take it off everytime you park it in the garage. Overtime it WILL change the color of your paint so might as well prevent that.
Umm u serious? It's not like taking on/off a car cover lol. Once it's on the car it's not comming off untill you buy another one...and it's not cheap. They're supposed to be breathable, therefore washing,waxing...etc is all done right ontop.

Here's a pic of a DSG
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220164&highlight=Clear+Bra

Last edited:

Psi23

Do I have a Boog Hangin?
Established Member
PictureorVideo003.jpg

DSC00860.jpg

u can only see it up close... trust me its worth it... i wish i woulda got more areas done... (roadrash areas) my uncle has it all over his new mercedes SUV its the best stuff... my cobra isnt a garage queen and its been on for 4 years.. waxing 3 times a year no yellowing or color difference.. even if it started to change color... i would end up geting a show quality paint job on it just because the termi paint isnt the best .... :beer:

whiplash306

Established Member
RedRocketMike said:
How much did it cost you to have put on?
We spent about $350 for the entire front end, and about a foot up onto the hood. Then we also had portions of the front and rear fenders done where rock chips are usually kicked up and the portion of the side scoops that face towards the front of the car that also usually get chipped up pretty badly over the lifetime of the car. The extra was an addt'l $200....BUT, I wouldn't hesitate to do it again and if the Cobra had as good a paint job as the Mach, it would also have this done. Make sure you get the lifetime warranty stuff, not the 5 year crap. It won't yellow...and "yes", it is breathable stuff after a little research, so the color fading concern isn't really a concern at all. Also, as was stated above, you DO wash and wax over the stuff just like you would regular paint! And NO, it does not come off every time you wash it....ha! Once it's on, it's on until you pull it off years down the road....

Here's a front end shot of the Mach. Good luck seeing the bra! Any more questions, please don't hesitate!

IMG_2287.jpg

-and-

IMG_2329.gif

RedfireSVT

Established Member
i've got it and it works. not one nick in the paint and you can barely see it and i wash right over it with no problems. i actually peeled a piece off my rocker panel and it left no residue or mark, i couldn't even tell it had been there. however, once it's on you can't remove it and put it back on. this stuff will stop rock chips and just about anything else the road can throw at it.

Users who are viewing this thread