Cleaning your buffing/polishing pads

SUPERSEXY32V

people know me
Established Member
can I use the *special* microfiber towel detergent to clean the pads with or do I NEED to

buy the *special* pad cleaner???:shrug:

Thanks!

oldmodman

Established Member
I just use a squirt of "Dawn" dishwashing soap in a sink full of hot water.
I let the pads soak in the soapy water and squeeze the soapy water through the pads. After they appear clean I squeeze out all the soapy water while holding them under fresh water. Repeat until clean. Then I wring them out and set them on a towel until dry. I have been using this method for more than ten years and I am still using some of my ten year old pads.

SUPERSEXY32V

people know me
Established Member
I just use a squirt of "Dawn" dishwashing soap in a sink full of hot water.
I let the pads soak in the soapy water and squeeze the soapy water through the pads. After they appear clean I squeeze out all the soapy water while holding them under fresh water. Repeat until clean. Then I wring them out and set them on a towel until dry. I have been using this method for more than ten years and I am still using some of my ten year old pads.

thank you sir :beer:

wvmystichrome

Established Member
David over at Autopia.org told me the same thing. He said soak the pads in water and Dawn for at least 60 minutes before you wash them. He says that Dawn will cut the polish and make it float away during the wash. Rinse well to get all the soap out.

jtm

now more boost included
Established Member
good to know, just ordered a p/c 7424xp, should be here this week

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Also make sure you use LIQUID detergent and not powder. The powder may not dissolve and the next time you use the pad..........SCRATCHES.

Users who are viewing this thread