Cleaning up a TR cobra

IceMan

Vanilla Ice
Established Member
i have horrible water spots on the car that i suspect could be acid rain be cause the car is from Hawaii.. im looking to polish them out and get the car back to a perfect shine.. im willing to learn to use a Dual Action PC.. wax//polish suggestions.. i was going through auto geek and just looking for some suggestions:beer:--thanks

I was considering using:
Menzerna Intensive Polish
finishing polish

SVT2122

Established Member
Where in NY are you?

PC with some orange/white/black pads. I use poorboys stuff, SSR 2.5 with orange pad @ 5000, than SSR1 with white @ 5000, and I use megs 2.0 tech wax on a black pad @ 3000 to finish it off. Than a nuba wax if I'm not lazy.

Last edited:

SVT2122

Established Member
I'm up in Rockland County. Buddy of mine goes to school at Hoffstra out there, if you see a white supra around, give him hell. lol

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
Depending on how bad the spots, IP may not be strong enough. I would try it with an orange pad and if that doesn't work, a yellow pad may work.

You can always step up to SIP or M105

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
You can always step up to SIP or M105

Straight answer is they *may* not be fully removed if they're burned/etched into the clear. You *could* have them wetsanded out (or do it yourself)...not for the faint of heart...BUT

Your best option is probably go ahead and use Menz. SIP or IP on a PC via 5.5" orange pad. Wolfgang Swirl Remover 3.0 would be an alternative, but probably not strong enough to really get the job done.

Follow with FP or FPII (PO85U and PO87MC); FPII has a little longer working time so it's a bit slower to cut but finishes nicer to me. (PC spd. 6; 5.5" white pad).

IF you don't want to choke the money for the Menz. Optimum Compound and Polish would be your two most economical alternatives.

OC on orange; spd. 6 and patience, along with OP on white, spd. 6 and patience. If you're really anal (and have the patience of Job) you would put OP on orange in between these two steps for optimal results.

If you want to help 'soften' the look of the spots (if they still remain) then go with Clearkote Red Machine Glaze (RMG) via blue pad, spd. 3. Follow with Carnauba wax of your choice. Pinnacle Signature; Poorboy's Natty's Blue; and Clearkote Carn. Moose Wax or Opt. Car Wax would all be excellent choices.

If you want a sealant, after you're done polishing, wipe the car down with Isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol and follow ASAP with Optimum OptiSeal.

Autogeek and www.specialtymotoring.com are having some pretty good sales right now. I'd probably purchase my polisher kit from AG and all supporting stuff from SMP.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread