Cleaning the 88 LX

kbsonicstang

Owns 1 sick stang!!
Established Member
I need some preferences on wax and other stuff. What is the best way to bring out the shine of an 88 LX (clay bars, wax, buffers, etc.)? I am just looking to making my car look new again, please post pics of your car and where you got your materials. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Has the car been repainted or is it the original single-stage paint?

My '89 has single stage and it takes very very mild products to get GREAT results.

Klasse AIO applied via PC with a 5.5" LC Orange pad, followed by any finishing polish on a white pad will work fine. The AIO will cut the oxidation and clean the paint very well.

Pretty much any clay bar will do. Meg's, Mother's, Clearkote, Pinnacle, Poorboy's, etc. etc. all make nice bars.

Wax-wise you'll want something with some high oil content if you have the single stage paint. Clearkote Yellow Cream Wax is kind of a glaze/oil/wax combo that works well as a prep agent with some durability on its own. Follow with Clearkote Carn. Moose Wax, or any paste wax really and you'll get good results. Pinnacle Signature, Souveran, S100 (prob. the best bargain), or Poorboy's Natty's will all give you good results if you polished it properly.

Users who are viewing this thread